•Chapter 4

≈Miami, FL...

(3:01 p.m)

Kalvin didn't really like the sound of her voice. Something was telling him that there was a problem, but he couldn't think about a specific issue. And plus, it had only see Cora one time, so what did they have to talk about ? He was a little confused, to be honest.

"Uh...Okay...When ? " He asked curiously.

Cora's heart was beating fast as she was about to tell her mother that she broke her precious vase coming from China again. This day Cora effectively thought that she was going to die and never see tomorrow, but twenty years later she was fortunately still alive.

"Uh...today ? " 

"Uh...It's not going to be possible, pretty."

Cora frowned wondering what was his excuse. She really had to tell him and she couldn't wait. Their lives were going to change within the next months, "And why ? " She asked with annoyance in her voice.

"Well, I'm in the airport right now. I'm going to be in Hawaii for one month and we're taking the plane in  seven minutes. Actually, I have to hang up, so...What about I'll call you as soon as I come back and then we'll talk about whatever you want. Okay ? " 

Cora nodded her head like he could see her, "Alright, have fun." 

"Oh, trust me I will. Bye, beautiful." 

She rolled her eyes and threw the phone on the couch sighing. She couldn't believe that she put herself in this mess, but she had no other choice than to accept it. It was the consequence of her act, her responsibility. 

"What he said ? " Sancy asked looking at her sister. 

"He's on his way to Hawaii and he's coming back in one month." 

"What ? But you need to tell me, that's his baby too." Sasha said with a serious tone of voice. She didn't want her youngest daughter to live another pregnancy without the father being present. The first time she wanted to kill the twin's sperm donor so much, but she kept reminding herself that she was too cute to go to jail. Yeah, for her the twins only had a sperm donor, he didn't deserve the title of a father, because a real father would've never left his children and treated their mother like that bastard did. Thinking about that situation was enough for Sasha to get pissed off, so she shook her head making the negative thoughts go away.

"I know mom, but-" Cora stopped speaking as her mind thought about something important, "Wait ! I didn't have my periods yet ! They're supposed to come next week." She said smiling.

Sancy chuckled, "Girl, when you and Kalvin did it, was it just after your last month periods ? Because you ovulated during the periods and so if you have sex just after, there is not like 100 percent of chance, but you can still get pregnant. So...you're not really out of trouble."

Cora smiled faded as she plopped on the couch next to her big sister. Sancy being a biology teacher at the university of Miami, definitely knew what she was talking about, so Cora knew that she wasn't saying bulls just to scare her, but the truth only.