•Chapter 31 #Part.3

≈Miami, FL...

(11:24 a.m)

"ALMAR" He heard behind him and he made him come back into reality just at time to move out the way. In less than one minute, he saw all his life pass before him. 

"Hey, are you okay ? " The man in the red Mercedes asked coming towards the young boy, "I didn't touch you, right ? " He continued his interrogation really concerned to know if he had hurt the kid or not. 

Almar's heart was beating fast in his chest and the words were stuck in his throat, he couldn't speak, so he simply and slowly nodded his head. 

"Oh thanks God ! But you shouldn't walk on the road like that." 

At this moment, Cora arrived with a mad look on her face. She couldn't believe he dared to do this to her. First he got angry and accused her to something she hadn't really had power on, then he began to run in the streets like he had lost his mind. She was pissed and he was about to find out, "ARE YOU CRAZY ? "

"Uh...I think you should talk with him instead of yelling, ma." The man said still in shock to have almost hit a child with his car. If he was that shocked, he knew that Almar was surely much more since he was the one to have almost been hit by a car. 

"Listen, he's my son and I don't care about all you're saying right now, shut the fuck up and go back in damn car of yours and move out my fucking way before I decide to seriously deal with you ! I'm pregnant, so if I kill you I won't regret it before the next seven months, but guess what, it'll be already too late for your ass ! Go mind your fucking business, motherfucker ! "

The man was taken by surprise. He wasn't expecting her to go off on him like that and what she said irritated him and he was determined for her to know it. But as he was about to open his mouth to snap back, someone grabbed his shoulders and moved him a bit to the side. 

"Excuse her, you know what it is." Terry said chuckling. He was himself in his car when everything happened in front of his eyes and as soon as he recognized Almar and Cora he decided to come and see what was exactly going on. 

"Who the fuck are you ? " The man that owned the red Mercedes asked getting more frustrated. 

"I'm their friend. I'm sorry for all this mess, we are all very sorry. But you can go now." Terry answered smiling. The man looked at him before to finally go back in his car and then to drive away, "Okay y'all, the show is over, y'all can all go now ! " He yelled to the crowd that had formed around them. Then he turned his attention to Almar and Cora and instantly frowned, "Where is Acacia at ? "

"I'm here ! Mummy you didn't pay. They said if we don't go back there in five minutes to pay our food, they will call the police." She informed them out of breath since she had ran until there to join them.

.

.

.

The ride back was really silent. Cora was still furious and the twins on the backseat were deep in their thoughts. Almar was still pissed and couldn't calm down. Acacia her, wished that all of the recent events had never happened and it was just a long nightmare, but she knew it was the reality, unfortunately. The two months had been hard to live emotionally, but mainly the past few days. 

"Mummy, are we still going to see the therapist today ? " She asked curiously and breaking the silence by the same occasion. 

Cora sighed shaking her head. She had completely forgotten about it, "Uh...we're going to go another day, sweetheart. I'm sorry." 

Actually, the little girl was relieved to know this. She wasn't really comfortable with the idea to talk with a total stranger about her personal problems and feelings, "Oh, it's okay, I understand." She said smiling to herself. 

A couple of minutes later, they finally arrived at home. The three got out of the car and Cora locked the doors, then walked to the front door and unlocked it and then they entered in the house. The twins were about to go upstairs, but she stopped them immediately. 

"No ! We're going to talk ! Go sit your behinds on the couch in that living room ! Now ! " As she was about to follow them there, the doorbell suddenly rang. She groaned frustrated and answered the door. She frowned, "Kalvin ? What are you doing here ? " She asked folding her arms. 

"Terry called me and told me everything. Can I come in ? "

She moved to the side and let him walk in, "You didn't have to come though." 

"I know...but I wanted to make sure that y'all are alright. It's not really easy for y'all lately. How are you ? " 

Cora looked down at her feet and when she looked back up at him she had tears falling on both of her cheeks, "I'm exhausted, I can't anymore. My son hates me now. I need a break." She confessed covering her face with her hands. 

Kalvin took her in his arms, "It's okay. It's gonna be alright. And don't worry too much about Almar, he's just going through a phase right now. If you want I can talk with him." 

She raised her head to face him and they made eye contact, "Thanks, but...I have to deal with it by myself." 

"Actually, I want to go with Kalvin." They heard behind them. They startled pulling away immediately. Cora couldn't help but wonder how much did he see until now. She didn't want her children to get the wrong idea. 

"What are you talking about ? And did I not tell you to go in the living room ?! " She questioned him as the anger was coming back, "Do you even realize what you have done today ?! "

"I don't want to stay here ! " He said raising his voice. 

Cora raised her eyebrow not believing he was daring to speak with that tone of voice to her. He was really aggravating her, "Little boy you're playing way too much right now ! If you don't g-"

"Hey ! Cora, it's fine I'm taking him with me. Go get your bag, Almar." He intervened in the conversation trying to ease the tension. He felt like his baby mama was ready to beat her son until breaking him a leg or two and he didn't want it to happen, because it will only get the situation worse. Nobody was really acting and thinking straight right now since the recent events. 

"No, Kalvin I s-"

He cut her off again, "Cora ! I want you to relax, you're carrying a child, my baby and he or she doesn't need all that stress right now, so chill ! I'm taking care of it for now. Almar, go get your bag." 

The young boy did as he was told. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: Well...fortunately, he's safe. What do you think about this chapter ? If you were Cora, how would you have reacted ? Is Kalvin wrong or right to intervene in the situation like that ? 

Thanks for reading guys !

And sorry for the mistakes.