Epilogue

Epilogue

The vampire prisoner was dead; killed by someone unknown. Though of course, that's a lie. Whispers had spread around. It was the Luna. No, it was someone else! Someone who trespassed the territory without their knowledge! 

After Lyka dematerialised in the waterfall, she washed herself. A cat approached her.

''I killed her. Tell him that. And tell him to leave us alone.'' The black cat came nearer. Lyka sniffed and scowled. ''You smell like my brother.'' She turned to him. The cat remained a cat, staring at her with suffering eyes. '' I will not come back. I claimed my mate. I let him put his mark on me.'' 

The cat whimpered and fell on the ground as if in pain. ''I never belonged there, Drake. We never belonged. Now, he will hate me. I killed his soulmate.'' Lyka scowled her worry. ''Perhaps, I shouldn't have. He might get angry and try to kill me.'' 

The cat whimpered again and shook his little dark head 'no'. Lyka looked down at him. Her cold eyes softened slightly as she remembered her friendship with the womanizing vampire. ''It feels like it was a long time ago, Drake. It feels like I have aged a thousand years. I am so tired. I just want to lie down in bed.'' She smiled sadly.  ''And perhaps, have sex with him again and again.''

The cat remained on the floor. He can't transform. They will feel it. But he needed to say it to her. He needed to tell her how much he loved her. How much his king and his lord loves her. How much pain this will cause him. The cat suddenly rose to his paws and jumped into the lake. He transformed as a man in a second. 

The energy it took awoke the alpha at the instant. He felt it before he looked that his mate was nowhere in their house. His blue eyes so quickly turned furious black. He transformed to his gigantic wolf form, growling and snarling. He jumped to his window, the unknown vampire scent  teasing his nose and the possessiveness over his territory and his mate boiling in his veins. Other werewolves appeared following him.

''I fell in love with a flower. I loved you. My king is in pain and forever shall be. He won't hurt you. My lady and my queen.'' Drake leaned forward and kissed her lightly on her smiling lips. ''Love plays us.''

Lyka was left alone in the waterfall. She waited until the Lycans appeared, scanning the place with their deep growls. Then, their gazes fell on her - their mysterious and deadly luna who rarely speaks. The Luna whose eyes were strangely red and green in the other. The hybrid Luna. The sad Luna. The scarred Luna.

''A vampire trespassed the territory. Killed the oath-breaker vampire himself. Orders from their king. He left with no other casualties. They wanted no war. Just to clean their mess.'' 

Silence followed. They waited for their Alpha's decision. He growled low and then the wolves dispersed. 

Alone with him, Lyka rose from the lake. ''Let's go home.'' she said, sounding incredibly tired. In his Lycan form, he was still taller than her. After a while, the alpha werewolf licked his mark. He watched as she put back her clothes. Then together, they ran towards home. She ran away from the direction of the vampire clan - the place she thought her home. 

Ah, the vampire prisoner died on the hands of her own kin, indeed. Some did not believe this but did not talk. Their loyalty lies within the alpha and the Luna was his mate. The werewolf pack remained on their guards. Teenage werewolves were trained harder and encouraged to become faster. The pack's Luna trained warriors. The pack's alpha re-strengthened his alliances with other packs. 

In his pack meetings, other alphas could not help but glance at the two punctures, always fresh on his neck then to the pale woman with peculiar eyes who was always beside him. Their allied packs were sensible enough not to make a comment. But they watched, a bit terrified and impressed at how the feared and ridiculed alpha looks down to his mate, full of love and devotion.  Then the next moment, he was cold and merciless.

''When you meet your mate, son-'' An allied alpha started a day after a meeting from the alpha of the Lycanthrope bloodline pack. Just in case, the female hybrid can hear even hours away from her distance to his office in his pack house. But his teenage son cut him off. 

'' I will treasure her, whoever she is, sir.'' He smiled at his son. He was nearly of age to take over and challenge him as alpha.

Alpha Jake's pack was strong; his territory large enough. Those who thought the alpha was weak and dared attack paid with their lives. They did not even get close the alpha. They were killed so quickly and swiftly in cold blood. Whispers flew and spread over packs and other underworld societies. The alpha of the Lycanthrope bloodline remains strong. 

'' His mate protects him.''

--

The lone king did not even move when his trusted warrior kneeled and reported his mission to him. They were alone in his big and empty throne room. She hasn't returned. Nature did its function. As the days pass by, the kind grew sadder, older and hungrier. Not for blood but for the love he lost. Because of nature. 

He drank from other vampire women who willingly offered their blood and at the same time hoped he will fall for them if they continue to diligently serve him. But he took no more but blood. 

As days turned to years, his sorrow numbed. His sorrow turned slowly, very, very slowly to anger and bitterness. But not for her. Never for her. Never, ever, for his angel.

This is what he told himself until he forgot. The gentle and smiling king grew dark and brooding. Human girls came in and out of his throne room, memories erased. Some, nearly dead. All of them had brown hair and most often green eyes or somewhat close. Many vampire ladies dyed their hairs brown and tried to alter their eye colour. After a few years of three or four, the king who was known as 'the Kind king' vanished.

He became the Mad king.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: 08/02/2015

Dear readers, 

This story has gone through a lot. I undertsand that this book is far from perfect, especailly due to the grammatical errors involved. But I am so happy I get to finish this book.

I know that many have lost hope in this book and gave up. But I thank those who continued reading it. I am happy that I gathered readers who make me smile with their comments. I feel sad that I almost stopped writing it and missed all the comments and pleads of updates for this book. I just lost the inspiration to write about a year ago. But I found it again and that is good. 

Xander has become mad with grief, yes. I have another book which is called ''The Mad king's obsession.'' No. It is not his story, just in case you'll think it is. 

I don't know if I will write a sequel of this book. It depends.

I understand if many of you will be disappointed. I'm sorry about that. I'll just thank you for holding on. I am very interested in Xander's life later on. I might just write him a story. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK? 

Yours faithfully, 

ABBY GAYLE DELGADO

Author of Scars forever, &etc.