3. Xander Grey

Xander Grey

I gathered the wolf girl in my arms and carried her just as she transformed back to her human form. As I float to the air (the way vampires are normally moving) I can still hear her faint heartbeat. But it was so faint, sometimes I thought her heart already stopped. Her breathing style was like that too. They drank too much, I thought gravely.

But still, I can’t blame them, Vampires are Vampires. Sometimes I resented my own kind.  But that’s us. I cannot change it, sadly.

Her blood’s scent was strong. I could feel some of my elite men, who are floating behind me controlling their hunger.

CONTROL.  That’s what elite vampires and vampires normally do. Not all vampires were good at it.   But as their leader and their King. I’m good at controlling myself.

An Elder is a vampire, who is the most strongest in their pack or clan. The oldest too.

So, if you ask me my age. I’ll smash you with sticks. 

There are many vampire Elders in the world and these Elders have a group called the Council of Elders, and obviously I’m one of them.

A clan is like a pack. We have our own territory like others, and rules

My father was the past Elder of our Clan. Our clan was divided into bloodlines or their status. 

First are The Elders. These are the oldest vampires. Every Clan has one of it. They have vampire abilities and powers.

In my case, I can read your mind and I can search information in your brain.

The Nobles or Elites. They are Old but not old as the Elders. They are like the second in commands. They are Aristocrats like the Elders. They are powerful and well-trained by the Elders too.) 

The common vampires. These are the average vampires. Commonly, humans that are turned early ages ago.

And the last are newborns. These are turned by vampires who are powerful enough to do so. They are young and vulnerable.

Turning a human to vampire was complicated. If you were an average vampire you will not succeed. Normally, The elders and the nobles were able to do it because they are powerful and their venom was very strong. Common vampire’s venom were not that strong so they can’t turn someone into vampires with a bite. But since... This beautiful lady in my arms was not a human..

‘’My lord, you cant change her. If her kind will know about this -’’ Jane said, interrupting my thoughts.

‘’They  will be thankful I saved her life.’’ I said cutting her off. 

‘’But she may ...’’ She hesitated in a moment, and in a more quiet voice like she was whispering it. ‘’ Not like it. And won’t able to survive it.’’ 

I stopped floating and willed  the grand gate to open using my powers. It opened immediately.  This is where the elites and I are living. The common vampires and newborns are in their houses, living normally like a humans. 

In the grand mansion, We fix major issues and problems. We plan and think for our clan’s survival and defense against hunters and killers like werewolves. 

‘’I appreciate your concern, Jane. But I will save her from her death.” I stared at the lady, sleeping in my arms, or more like dying now. ‘Its not her time.’’ I added. Yes, it was not.

‘’I beg your pardon my lord.’’ One of my men Dustin spoke out, as I approach my chamber. 

‘’What?’’ I said getting annoyed for their questions. 

‘’Why do you have so much concern to this creature? We could just bring her body back to her pack and say she died accidentally. They would understand that, because she trespassed our territory. We have a rule about trespassing other’s territory. They know if you trespass you can get killed so --” 

‘’ENOUGH!’’ My voice louder than usual. 

They kept quiet and stood  frozen with their head bowed low. ‘’Forgive me, My lord.’’Dustin’s  voice shook a little. 

I stood  there a moment, finding answers in my brain for his question. ‘’She.. she is not an ordinary creature. I could not let her die..’’ I said finally. ‘’She will not go back to them. For this day and forward.. SHE WILL BE MINE.’’ With finality, I entered my which will be our room soon and then willed my door to close.

I lied Lyka Crawford on my bed. She was so pale, almost like a vampire now. Her lips changed color now to white and she look... dead. Her curly brunette locks were scattered on my bed sheet. It looked beautiful and soft, like velvet.

In her mind, I saw what had happened to her. How her pack mates bullied her, how her brother and her true mate rejected her.

I do not really care. In fact, because I am a cruel vampire, I am happy.

How can they hurt such beauty? 

She looked like an angel. She was curvy and beautiful.

I sat beside her on the bed and took her fragile wrist. There was no time to spare. Changing humans and changing other creatures are different to each other. But both were complicated. There is was an even chance for the human or creature to die but I won’t let this lady die. 

When I sensed her blood, when I heared her faint howl and when I first saw her. She just wrapped me into a spell. I knew she was different. I knew then that she will be mine. 

Perhaps, she was this person they call 'soulmate'?

 A soft whimper escaped her pale lips. ‘’It will be fine, little angel. This is easy...you are fine and safe’’ I whispered into her ear softly.

Nothing came out from her lips any more but a sigh. 

I took her wrist and brought it near to my mouth. My fangs elongated, ready to penetrate but I gently kiss her wrist first. After that, I slowly sunk  my teeth onto her skin. 

She jolted up a bit but her body quickly slumped to the bed again.  When I tasted her blood in my mouth,  I cursed in my mind. Now I knew why my men cannot control themselves when they sunk their teeth onto her. She was delicious! Like an aged wine, she was sweet and tangy. I knew then she was clean, innocent and untouched which was rare nowadays.

It took a great control to stop drinking. I needed her to still have blood in her veins. I bit my own wrist, blood welled from it. I held my wrist above her lips, staining the pale white lips with my blood.

‘’Drink, my litlle Angel.  Drink...’’