4. Blood lust

Chapter 4 - Blood lust

Lyka Crawford.

I found myself in a vast space. Everything was white, I was like in a dream scape with hazy edges.  Am I dead?  Is this heaven? I saw a two figure of a man and a woman from the distance. Whoever this two was, I didn’t feel threatened or in danger.

‘’Mom???” I called. 

Suddenly the figure that shaped like a woman lifted her hand as a greeting like she heared me.

‘’Dad?’’ I called. And the man figure lifted his hand as if for a greeting. 

My heart swelled with joy. At last, I will be with them. No more suffering.  I was about to step closer, when I tasted something in my mouth. I put my fingertips on my lips and I saw red.  The two figures suddenly lifted their hands down and slowly disappeared in my sight. 

The last thing I heard was my voice shouting... 

‘’Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!’’ 

**

I woke up, feeling like I was in a maelstrom. I was swallowing something.. something delicious.. something so good, I can feel tears flowing in my eyes. I swallowed the thing in instinct and I blindly grabbed onto something to latch to the source of the taste.

My eyes flipped open and the first thing I saw was two set of crimson blood eyes. 

I nearly jerked away if he didn’t hold me gently to maintain my place. 

‘’Drink it.. My little Angel. You’ll need it.’’ he said. His voice was smooth and sweet. 

I froze. Realizing what is the thing that is on my mouth. Blood. 

When he sensed that I stopped drinking, he took  back his own wrist and I watched him with widened eyes when he licked his wrist, sealing the gaping wound with two bite marks.

I did that...I thought confused and scared at the same time. But I was not a vampire now, Was I ? 

‘’No you’re not.’’ He said as if he heard what I am thinking.

I sighed, feeling relieved then gasped. ‘’You are a vampire, aren’t you? And do you read minds ???’’ I asked him, my voice was hoarse. 

He smiled a little. His crimson eyes sparkled a bit. ‘‘ I can. But sometimes I don’t mean to. It’ s like picking up radio signals.’’ 

I nodded but still confused. Why did I drink his blood?  Why am i still alive? Why --

My thoughts were cut off when I felt an immense wave of pain that came over me like a a blanket made of nails, wrapping my body and digging in my skin. I cried out because of the pain.

Sweat trickled from my body and I felt like I was burning. A cold hand touched my forehead which comforted me for a moment. I thought it was over but then as relied was just coming to wash over my senses, I let out an ear piercing as I felt my bones being popped. The bones in my thighs were the first to snap. I screamed. Next were my shoulders, but I have no time to dwell for the pain because my upper arms were next. Then my spine...lower legs, feet,hand, my skull and I felt like my brain was about to burst. I rolled over the bed and rolled over and over. I thought I fell too. But there was no escape from the pain.

I’ve never felt this kind of pain before. It was worse than shifting. The pain felt like it lasted for days. All the while I was thinking of Jake. My Jake. Save me please. 

But before everything went black I heard a melodic voice say :

‘’No. you are not a vampire, My little Angel. You are a half. He is not coming to save you. You are saved now, by me.

**************************************

 I could hear people talking. The volume of their voices kept going louder, softer and then louder again. I felt light, like I was floating. And I could smell something. Addictive, familiar and sweet. Something that I would want to dive in. Taking a deep breath, I felt my body throb. My eyes opened immediately.

‘Hi’’ I heard a smooth male voice said.

I glanced at the side of the bed and  saw a pale man sitting on red couch, he was wearing a white colar shirt with his neck tie not properly sorted and black pants on. He was staring at me with red crimson eyes, and I could say that those eyes were sparkling.

 Those were not contacts. They looked too natural. 

‘’Vampire!!!  A  faint voice hissed. “Run..ru-’’ the voice was cut off when I felt the throbbing again, this time louder and stronger.

I watched him as he walked closer to me slowly, as if he didn’t want to scare me. But the truth was, he made me more scared. He was like a predator coming towards his prey slowly and the prey was me.

I scrambled at the edge of the bed and hugged myself, but then I realize something that shocked me.

I was wearing a black satin night gown and I stared dumbfounded at my arms, hands, legs and other parts of my new slim and not FAT body. This was not me.

He sat at the bed in front of me. I stared at him as he stared at me. My gaze travelled at his eyes, down to his high-bridged nose, his rosy red lips, his chin, down to his jaw and his neck, where I saw two punctures in the hollow of his neck, like bite marks of a vampire.

‘’How are you feeling?’’ he asked.

Just like that, I felt my body throbbed and I felt my throat constricted again.

My thoughts was suddenly bombarded with images of blood. blood.. blood.. and lots of blood. I imagined bathing in a pool full of it.

And then I imagined myself drinking blood from him. I didn’t  know what’s happening to me, but all I knew was I was thirsty. Like he knows what I was thinking, he smiled sweetly, revealing his fangs. He unbuttoned the first and second buttons and move closer to me and showing his neck like he was inviting me to drink. He was.

‘’My little angel,’’ His voice was incredibly sweet. ‘’Have a drink. Let me ease your thirst.’’ 

He didn’t need to ask me twice.