33. A game of pretend.

--

‘’ I don’t. ‘’ My immediate reply came as he finished uttering those words - the words I was dying to hear a long long time ago. But not now, today, those words confused me. 

His arms tightened around me, caging me in his arms so I can’t move. The dog sniffed my hair. I fought the urge to pull away when his nose touched my ticklish spot at the side of my neck. ‘’ It’s okay.. I will love you enough for the both of us’’. 

Mustering all the strength that I have, I broke out of his hot embrace. After a glare, I continued walking, stepping over logs and over large roots of the trees.  The air was cool and I closed my teared shirt. In  the end, I tied the two cloths together so they covered my breasts. It wasn’t really a very good idea because I know my nipples were visible. Irritated, I crossed my arms over my chest and continued to walk with my steps heavy. The land was going up as if we were hiking a mountain and I was not even sure if I was on my way home. I was just following the line that I thought was because of me when the alpha dog dragged me. 

The scent of earth soil was strong that our scent was overpowered by it. This is why can hardly smell our scent when we came here.

I nearly threw him when I felt him lay his chafed arm around my shoulders. ‘’ What are you doing? ‘’ I coldly asked but didn’t stop walking. 

‘’ Just walking.. ‘’ he replied and turned to me with raised eyebrows, mocking me.

 Annoyed, I stopped walking and then faced him. Again, I tensed my muscles, putting all frustrations there to keep my face devoid of any uncertainty and remain it cold.

‘’ Where are we going babe? ‘’ he asked then, his voice a little far. This made me stop and I sniffed our fading scent. It was still here so I followed the trail, leaving him there, all naked. ‘’ That’s not the way, babe. ‘’ I heard him say. 

‘’ Don’t be a smart ass, I can smell our scent.’’ I snapped while walking.

‘’ Yeah but I didn’t go here immadiately. I went for a run then went here, dragging you. ‘’ he said and emphasised the last two words.

‘’ WHY?'' I said calmly and turned to him. He just shrugged which only fuelled my anger.  

‘’ WHY!!!!!’’ Again, he shrugged. With balled fist, I turned my back on him then turned back to face him and turned my back on him again. Completely irritated that I was not thinking clearly, in the end, I stomped my feet like a child and then kicked a tree making it shake violently. The pain from my foot vanished quickly but not the anger.

All the while, he was just standing on his spot with the end of lips curled up in amusement. The fact that I was showing him too much of me awakened me. Instantly, my face froze up. I walked towards him, watching his gaze moved down my body. It was uncomfortable. 

 ‘’ Eyes up. ‘’ I said and he did it instantly almost like a good dog. ‘’ Good dog. ‘’ He frowned at that. I whistled.’’ Lead the way.. ‘’ I said and clicked my tongue a few times. 

Now it was my moment to watch in amusement as he balled his fist. Any alpha would’ve snapped the very first moment I insulted him. His control  was impressive, I'd give him that.

In the end, he exhaled and then glared at me with his wolf’s eyes. ‘’ This way. ‘’ he snapped, his voice thick and husky. 

I smirked at the back of his head. ‘’You’re just a dog.’’ I whispered but not in a volume low enough so he can’t hear.