RBMAM-FBALV - A bloody encounter

Lyka’s P.O.V

I just walked around the pack’s woods, looking up to the trees, watching the clouds move in the sky while feeling the coldness of the wind. It reminded me of....

 Xander.

 I was still thinking about the scent I smelled from a while ago. I am very sure it was from someone I knew. The scent was faint but it was still there. It was familiar. 

For a moment, I thought it was Xander but he is the king of his clan. He wouldn’t abandon it. Especially with Jane there at his side. 

My chest constricted with the thought. My heart was filled with hatred and bitterness because of them. Jane’s moans filled my ears and images of them filled my mind.

 I enforced  myself to get steady. I am not going to cry because of that. They don’t deserve it. I don’t care. I don’t care. I chanted inside my mind. 

To distract myself,  I roamed my eyes in my surroundings. I was aware that I am very far away from where I’ve seen Lily but what I was getting anxious about was the guards that were supposed to be here patrolling or something. But there was no scent of even a single wolf here. 

 Where the hell are the wolf guards in this pack? I thought. They need to have guards that patrol every now and then in their land don’t they? Or aren’t they scared of being attacked? They are one of the strongest pack. Yes, but they still need guards. 

Stupid dogs. 

The wind blew and ‘’whooshed ‘’  going into my direction. I froze as I sniffed something. 

Blood. But this time it was different. It was a lot stronger as if  a blood bath had just happened. I ran into that direction, running past trees in a fast motion. The scent was going stronger as I approached a clearing making me realise how long I didn’t feed from blood.

I reached the clearing and stopped dead on my tracks. I was right. There was a blood bath. 

Motionless bodies were everywhere. I concentrated and listened to their heartbeats.

None.

Who did this? 

As if on cue, I heard a loud growl from somewhere not far from where I am standing. Suddenly, I felt very uneasy and anxious. Something bad is happening.

There was another angry growl. I didn’t think and just ran towards that direction. My inner wolf was fighting to get out really badly for the first time. It’s power has never have been this strong. 

I heard a different growl inside my mind. I frowned , confused to where the growl came from. Then I realised it came from me. No, not me. The other part of me.

What’s happening to me? As the day passes by, it’s getting harder and harder to keep it at bay. It as in my other part, the wolf. 

I do not want it to call mine any more. I do not like it. It is the one who make everything hard for me here. It is the one who make it hard for me to do my revenge.

Speaking of revenge, I still don’t know how to do it. How to hurt Jake the way he’d hurt me. 

Make him believe you love him. Then crush his heart the way he’d crushed yours.

No! The voice whimpered. You can’t do that to him.! He needs us!! 

I clamped down all the things it was saying, forcing my mind to go blank. I’m getting good at this.

I reached another clearing and froze again in my tracks. 

Jake’s wolf was spinning wildly. His snout was trying to reach a someone in a dark cloak on his back. 

Anger suddenly bubbled inside of me. My hands formed like a claw ready to penetrate and  felt my nails sharpened and became longer. 

As if the person wearing a dark cloak sensed me, he lifted his head. 

There on Jake’s back was not a man but a pale woman with hungry red eyes and blood covering her smirking mouth.

Jane.