7. Alex Crawford

Alex Crawford

I put a bouquet of white lily in my sister’s picture and lighted the candles beside it.  It has  been 3 years since she was gone. She was only 17 when she passed away.  Lyka...

I have many years with her but I wasted every bit of it. I’ve never been a good brother to her. Never..  I didn’t fulfill our parents wish and also I didn’t protect her as her brother, and I’m sure I was one of the reasons why she ran away and get killed.

I closed my eyes tight, stopping my tears to fall. She trespassed another’s territory, and the worst part was, it happened to be the vampire’s territory.

After she ran away, we had let minutes pass, so that no one will ever think that we were going to follow Lyka. After that, Jake and I followed her scent. Her scent disappeared at the very boundary of our pack and the vampire’s clan. 

Thank god I stopped Jake from going to the boundary of the vampire’s or else we were definitely going to have a war. But Jake...

Day by day, night by night I have seen how he’d suffer. How he suffered the great pain, physically and mentally when you found out that your mate was gone.I have seen how he screamed his head off and said that he was burning that day when we found out she’s gone.

Mates shares a link in their mind, body and soul so when your mate is in pain, you will feel it.

 That was probably what Lyka is feeling. That probably was the way my sister was feeling when she was dying. I gripped the edge of the table and felt the hot tears fall on my cheeks.

Lyka.. 

I felt the arms of my mate, wrapped from my back. My guilt doubled.  Lyka ran away because obviously she was broken hearted.

Her mate rejected her in front of many people.  I stopped myself from attacking Jake that time, just as I stopped myself every time they bully her.

‘’ YOU my mate? Are you dreaming girl? ‘’ I remembered Jake told her and I saw how her face covered with pain.

I felt my Lily’s  arms tightened around me. I know she could feel my anguish. And I feel sad for my sister for not feeling or experiencing having a mate to hug her whenever she was sad, or even a brother to hug her and protect her whenever she is ill or in harm. 

‘’ Alex, baby it’s alright... Wherever she is.. She’s happy now.. ‘’ My mate comforted me. My tears didn’t stop. My chest ached more. 

‘’ Beta Alex, come here in my office. ‘’  I heard the alpha’s voice in my head.

I wiped the tears in my cheeks,  turned to my mate and wrapped my arms around her waist. Her eyes were worried.  I tried to smile at her to reassure her that I’m okay but of course she saw past it. ‘’ I need to meet the alpha. ‘’  I said

She wiped my wet cheeks, nodded and she tiptoed to kissed me. As her lips touched mine I held her at the back of her head to kissed her deeply.  I  wished my sister felt the feeling of love with her mate or her brother.

‘’ Beta,.. ‘’ Jake called again and this time his voice grew more serious and annoyed.

‘’ Coming, Alpha ‘’ I replied back and pulled back from my mate’s lush lips. I smiled at my mate but I know my smile didn’t reach my eyes.

‘’ Wait in our room ‘’  I said to my mate, and I gave her a soft kiss in her lips before letting her go.