8. A sweet moment with the vampire lover

I woke up all wrapped in his cold arms and his lingering kisses on my neck. I smiled with my eyes still close and snuggled into him more. I felt his cold lips curl up on my nape and his arms tightened around my waist.

‘’Good morning, my little angel ‘’ He whispered in my left ear. I made a move to face him because I was lying in my stomach but he held me on my place.  ‘’ What time is it? ‘’ I asked him, I turned my face to the side so I could face him.

 ‘’ 3:05 am my angel.’’  He whispered, his voice husky. Then he gave me light kisses on my nape down to my bare shoulders.  I chuckled as I felt his fingers move the strap of my red night gown so he could kiss more space on my back. ‘’ How was the meeting?’’ 

 ‘’ Good but exhausting. ‘’ he mumbled, sounding sleepy.

Xander was a member of a group called ‘Council of elders’. They were the one who make rules and punishments. It was a group of powerful and experienced vampires like him.  He was one of the most powerful vampires! It only made me love him more. How could he be so perfect? His handsome, sweet and powerful and he is my man! 

 He chuckled tiredly and I know he had read my thoughts again. 

‘’ Well, well, well, that’s true my angel. I’m your man. ‘’ Xander said, looking into my eyes while caressing my flawless face. ‘’ The meeting was good although there are many disagreements about the..... ‘’ Xander suddenly stopped as if he was about to say something he thought I shouldn’t know. 

 ‘’About the what? ‘’ I asked him curiously. 

 ‘’ Nothing to you, my angel. ‘’ he said with a yawn. 

 I was about to ask him again but I stopped when he sighed and his body sagged into the bed beside me. ‘’ Gods, I’m tired. ‘’ He whispered.

His face was few inches away from me so I could feel his cold exhalations in my face. It was refreshing. 

I watched his sleeping face and let out a sigh too. He was tired again, as usual. 

 Then, his red eyes slowly opened. I knew then that he had heard me. 

 ‘’ I’m sorry  my angel ‘’  Xander said, looking at me apologetically. 

‘’ Sorry for what ? ‘’ I asked him while I reached out to touch his red lips.

 ‘’ I’m tired. I can’t talk to you.... right now. ‘’ his eyes closed again and as he muttered his last words, he fell asleep.  I sighed. 

I should really stop sighing. 

These past few weeks, he’d been so busy.  

‘ HE’S always busy ‘ The voice in my head piped in. 

I shook my head, erasing the annoying voice that  always bothered me.  It was my inner, annoying wolf.

I sighed again as I stared at his angelic sleeping figure. Again, Xander opened his one eye and smiled. 

‘’ Easy, My little angel... I’m going to melt.. ‘’ his voice husky and teasing. 

I blushed and turn my back on him. Then I felt his cold arms wrapped around my waist and his chest in my back. ‘’ Thought you’re asleep already. ‘’ I said.

‘’ Let’s sleep.  Tomorrow night,  the two of us are going to have dinner ‘’ he said and kissed my shoulder. 

My eyes widened in excitement and I clutched his arm, making space so I could twist my body to face the ceiling.’’ Really?  it’s been a long when we had our dinner privately. ‘’ I told him, pouting a little.