⁀➷ IV. 9

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃.
• • •

The sound of people clapping and cheering filled Jinx's ears as she hung to Cedircs body in front of her. Harry was next to her holding her tightly crying.

Fleur caught a glimpse of them and shrieked. The crowd went quiet.

Dumbledore rushed to them as Jinx and Harry were pulled aside.

Cedric's father moved towards them and immediately burst into tears seeing Cedric's dead body. "Let me through! That's my son! That's my boy!"

Jinx's breaths were shallow and her vision was turning red. She hadn't realized it but Harry was shaking her slightly, repeating her name. "Jinx,  Jinx, can you hear me?"

She began twitching and gasped for air as the world around her went black.

She awoke confused in a hospital wing, She looked to her right and saw Harry sitting there in the chair next to her holding her hand. He was asleep with his head resting on the bed.

Jinx looked out the window and could tell it was about midday. She slowly tried to sit up, reluctantly leaning back when she groaned in pain.

Harry jumped up next to her and immediately tried to push her back down "Hey no, take it easy."

"What happened?"

"You had a seizure, Madam Pomfrey thinks it was the um-the the curse."

"Not with me. Voldemort. What happened."

"Mad eye wasn't really mad eye. He was Barty crouch junior. He's the one who got me in the tournament and he's the one who made sure we ended up in the graveyard...I saw Cedric. He was telling me to go and to get back to the porketry, and so were my parents."

"Wait your parents?"

"Yeah, but they were like a ghost." He looked over Jinx's face and sighed before kissing her forehead "I am so sorry."

"What no? Why are you sorry?"

"You wouldn't have been in there if it wasn't for me."

She sighed and gripped Harrys hand "Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened." Tears began spilling from Harrys eyes and she frowned "Harry It's okay."

He slowly made his way onto the bed next to her, pulling her into his arms.

"I thought I'd lost you" Harry whispered to her. "Oh erm...My parents are back" he smiled at her.

She tilted her head at him "W-what?" She asked and Harry laughed lightly and nodded his head.

"They came back...I-I don't know how it's possible but they're back. I saw them when we were in the graveyard! And then when I was with Mad ey- I mean Crouch, they came into the room!"