⁀➷ II. 6

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐄

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐄.
• • •

After classes had finished the four hurried to the library. "Here it is, the Polyjuice Potion. Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another." Hermione read from the book she pulled from the shelf.

"You mean, if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked.

"Yes," Hermione nodded.

Ron and Harry exchanged glances "Wicked. Malfoy will tell us anything."

Hermione nodded "Exactly, but it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion."

"How long will it take to make?" Harry asked.

Hermione hesitated "A month."

"A month?! But, Hermione... if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then!"

Jinx shrugged. "It's the only plan we have."

When Jinx opened her eyes Hermione stood above her. "Well, are you coming?!"

"Sorry. Where?" Jinx sat up on the couch. "Harry's been injured!"

Jinx jumped up and hurried to the Hospital wing with Hermione. When they arrived Harry was surrounded by the Gryffindor team and a few other students.

"Dear boy. Should've been brought straight to me! I can mend bones in a heartbeat-but growing them back..."

"You'll be able to, won't you?" Hermione asked.

"Oh I'll be able to, it'll be painful. You're in for a rough night potter."

Later that night Jinx had borrowed Harry's invisibility cloak to visit him. They sat in his bed in the hospital wing. "You should tell Hermione" Harry took hold of Jinx's hand.

"No, I can't. They won't understand Harry."

"But what if Hermiones able to find a spell? I'm sure there's been plenty of wizards before that have lost time."

"Right. And Ron would tell me that maybe I'm Slytherin's heir."

Harry tilted his head at her "You're right. He might."

Jinx's vision changed as she made her way down an empty corridor.

When she turned the corner Collin Creevy stood, moving his frame around the room taking pictures. His camera landed on Jinx and he took a picture. Before going still and falling to the ground.

"Jinx!"

She regained vision and Harry stared at her, his free hand in her face. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She loosened her grip on his hand.

"It happened again?" He asked. "I heard the talking again."

"I think it's Collin, he-"

"What talking?" The two looked around the room, trying to find the voice. Jinx looked to the ground beside the bed and hummed.