⁀➷ II. 10

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐎𝐑-• • •

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐎𝐑-
• • •

"We wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. Now more than ever."

Ron, Harry, and Jinx had visited Hermione in the hospital wing. The potions that would heal them had almost an entire month until it was ready.

Harry gripped Hermione's hand and contorted his face when he felt something. He pried investment her fingers to find a crumpled-up piece of paper.

He carefully straightened it out, "This is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked!" Ron and Jinx turned to look back at him. "Come on!" Harry led them through the corridor halls as he read off of the page. "Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it...This is it. The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a Basilisk. That's why I can hear it speak. It's a snake."

Ron hummed "But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?"

"Because no one looked it in the eyes," Jinx told him. "Ms Norris saw it through the puddle on the ground, Collin saw it through his camera, Justin saw it through Nearly Headless Nick, and since Nick is a ghost he can't die again, and Hermione saw it through the mirror, that's why she was holding it!"

"How do you know that?" Ron asked her.

"I've been having visions, of the attacks. Right before they happen."

"And you didn't say anything?! What if we could've helped Hermione?!"

"I didn't see Hermione's attack...I didn't see any of the attacks unless I was touching Harry..."

Harry and Jinx exchanged a look and Harry looked back down to the paper. "Spiders flee before it. It all fits."

"But how's the Basilisk been getting around? A dirty great snake, someone would've seen it."

They both looked to Jinx. "It was traveling through the pipes, it would sneak out when it was sure no one was near."

"Pipes? It's using the plumbing!" Ron gasped.

"Remember what Aragog said about that girl fifty years ago, she died in a bathroom? What if she never left?"

"Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second-floor corridor immediately." They heard over the intercom.

The three hurried to the second-floor corridor, they hid around the corner hearing the teacher's voice.

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat "As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized, a student has been taken by the monster, into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts."