⁀➷ I. 10

𝐏-𝐏-𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐒-𝐒-𝐒-𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋

• • •

The quartet waited until everyone in the Gryffindor house was asleep before they made their way to the common room.

When they reached it a toad sat in the chair in the corner of the room.

"Trevor? Shh, go! You shouldn't be here!"

Neville crawled out of behind the chair. "Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

Jinx chuckled "How long have you been behind that chair?"

He looked to the ground "About an hour."

"Now, Neville, listen. We were-"

Neville headed toward them, "No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again! I-I'll fight you."

Neville lifted his fists into the air, making Hermione sigh.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this." She raised her wand to him. "Petrificus Totalus."

Neville stood still a second, before falling backward onto the ground.

Ron gulped "You're a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant, but scary."

"Let's go" Harry led the group past Neville. "Sorry, Neville."

"Sorry," Hermione told him.

"It's for your own good, you know." Ron looked down at him.

Jinx stood by his side and leaned over "Take a nap, you look tired."

"Let's go!" Harry turned back to grab Jinx's hand and pull her out of the common room.

The four barely fit under the invisibility cloak but they made their way to the room Fluffy guarded.

When they entered Fluffy was asleep, snoring softly.

"Wait a minute. He's...." Ron pulled the cloak off of them. "Snoring."

Harry looked around the room, his eyes landing on a harp in the corner. "Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp."

"Ugh! It's got horrible breath." Ron waved his hand in front of his nose."

Harry looked at the dog, "We have to move its paw."

Ron looked at him shocked. "What?!"

"Oh don't be a baby Ron" Jinx took hold of the dog's paw, the others following.

Harry pried open the trap door, "I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign, okay? If something bad happens get yourselves out..." Harry looked around the room confused. "Does it seem a bit quiet to you?"