⁀➷ III. 2

𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘

𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘.
• • •

Jinx looked up from the book she was reading and toward the stairs.

Ron and Hermione were arguing once again, "Keep Crookshanks away from Scabbers! Or I'll turn him into a teacup!"

"You're being ridiculous! It's a cat Ronald what do expect? It's in his nature!"

"A cat? Is that what they told you? It looks like a bloody pig with hair to me! Besides, Callistos a cat and she's an angel!"

The next two weeks Jinx and Harry spent by themselves at the Leaky Cauldron, until one morning the Weasleys and the Grangers arrived.

"That's because Callistos human Ronald! When have you ever met a cat that sits down at a table to eat?!"

Jinx turned her head to look at Callisto who sat at the table next to her, eating from a bowl. "She just has digestive issues" Jinx shrugged.

"Crookshanks a menace!"

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush!" She then kissed the cat's head which she held in her arms, "It's alright Crookshanks just ignore the mean little boy."

"Harry!"

The three attention shifted from Hermione and her cat to Harry who was coming down the Leaky Cauldrons staircase.

"Good morning sleeping beauty!"

Ron immediately began telling Harry about his family's trip to Egypt over the summer.

Harry picked Callisto up and took her seat, setting her down on his lap.

"There were loads of old stuff, mummies, tombs. Even Scabbers enjoyed himself!"

"You know the Egyptians used to worship cats?" Hermione turned to glare at Ron, sitting up straighter.

"Along with Dung Beetles," Ron told her.

"Not flashing that clipping about again are you Ron?" The rest of the Weasleys had arrived.

Fred and George led the group. Taking their seats at the large table.

"I'm not showing anyone" Ron huffed quickly pulling the newspaper into his pocket.

"No not a soul!" George mimicked him.

"Not unless you count Tom, the day maid, the night maids, the cook, the block who fixes the toilet, and that guy from Belgium."

"Harry!"

"Mrs. Weasley!" Harry jumped out of his seat to greet Mrs Weasley.

"You've got everything you need? All your school books all of your clothes?"

Harry nodded quickly "Yes everything."

"Good boy" she patted his shoulder.

"Thank you."