⁀➷ II. 7

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒.
• • •

Gilderoy Lockhart and a few of the other teachers assembled a dueling club, it's first meeting was today.

"In light of dark recent events Professor Dumbledore has permitted me to start this little dueling club to train you all up in candy you need to defend yourselves, like I have on many occasions. For full details view my published work." Lockhart stood on a long table sat in the middle of the Great Hall. He pulled his cape off of himself and threw it into the audience.

"Let me introduce my assistant! Professor Snape has agreed to help me with a slight demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your potions teacher when I'm through with him."

Snape climbed onto the table, his wand pulled as he approached Lockhart. They bowed to one another before turning away and then turning around "One, two, three!"

"Expelliarmus!" Snape chanted.

"Aah!" Lockhart let out a squeal as he was sent flying into the air. When he stood once more he cleared his throat "An excellent idea to show them that Professor Snape! But if you don't mind me saying it was pretty obvious to tell what you were going to do. And if I wanted to stop you I easily could have!"

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells professor."

Lockhart stood silent for a moment. "An excellent suggestion. Let's have a volunteer pair. Weasley, Potter! How about you?"

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'd be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy...perhaps?"

Harry and Draco made their way to stand on the dueling table, their wands ready. They turned and began walking away from each other as Lockhart counted down.

"On the count of three. Disarm your opponents, ONLY disarm. One...two..."

"Everte Statum!" Draco cast a spell causing Harry to fly backward, landing on the table.

Once Harry got his footing he pointed his wand back to Draco. "Rictosempra!"

Draco let out a Yelp as he flew backward, landing on his butt.

"I said disarm only!"

"Serpensortia!" Draco called. A snake came out of his wand. Landing in front of Harry. The students surrounding the table quickly backed up.

"Don't move Potter, I'll get rid of it for you." Snape made his way to the snake.

"Allow me, Professor Snape. Alarte Ascendare!" Lockhart sent a spell at the snake, it flew in the air before coming back down. Hissing loudly. Harry made his way to the snake, whispering something to it, almost as if he were in a trance.