⁀➷ VI. 7

𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄

𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄.

• • •

The group had returned to Hogwarts, feeling as awkward as ever.

The Weasley's home had been all across the Muggle world, the daily prophet had written an article about it.

Harry and Jinx didn't talk much, they weren't exactly ignoring each other. Yet they weren't going out of their way to see each other.

Jinx was having breakfast with Hermione, on the other side of the Great Hall from their usual spot. Jinx didn't eat and stared at the plate in front of her.

"Have you talked to Harry?"

"No...but I'm about to. Dumbledore has asked to see us both about...oh shit, now. Bye Mione" Jinx gathered her belongings before making her way to Dumbledore's office.

Inside he stood with Harry, the two chatting quietly. "Ah Ms. Black, thank you for joining us."

"Hello, professor" Jinx gave him a soft smile.

"Well no point in dilly-dallying" he reached into the cabinet of memories and poured it into the pot.

Jinx hesitated a moment but Harry took her hand before placing his head into the water. With a nod from Dumbledore, she closed her eyes.

It appeared to be another one of Slughorn's dinner parties. Young boys sat around the table he was at. Tom at the corner. "Sir, is it true that Professor Merrythought Is retiring?"

"Tom, I couldn't tell you if I knew could I? By the way thank you for the pineapple, you're quite right it is my favorite...but how did you know?"

"Intuition." Tom simply said.

A bell rang and Slughorn closed the box of pineapple that sat on the table in front of him. "Goodness, is it that time already? Off you go boys or professor tippit will have us all in detention." The boys began leaving the class but Tom stayed. "Look sharp Tom, don't want to be caught out of bed after hours...is something on your mind?"

"Yes sir. See I couldn't think of anyone else to go to, the other professors...well, they're not like you. They might misunderstand."

"Go on."

"I was in the library the other night. In the restricted section, and I read something rather on about a kind of magic, and I thought perhaps you could illuminate me."

"What's it called?"

"As I understand..." the speaking grew muffled.

SlugHorn had begun yelling at Tom, and Jinx regained her vision.

"Confused? I'd be supported if you weren't."

"I don't understand, what happened?" Harry asked.

"This is perhaps the most important memory I collected. It is also a lie, this memory has been tampered with by the same person whose memory it is, our old friend Horace Slughorn."