⁀➷ VI. 5

⚠︎︎ 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐄 ⚠︎︎

• • •

Harry and Jinx returned to Hogwarts just in time for Slughorns dinner party.

His classroom now has a giant table in the middle, food placed around it. Hermione was standing in the corner of the room, taking quick sips out of a drink in her hand.

"Oh Jinx!" Hermione rushed to her and hugged her tightly "How are you?!"

"I'm fine Mione. I feel a lot better..."

Hermione nodded and made her way to a seat, pulling Harry and Jinx down in the seats next to her. Cormac stood across the room smiling at her "He keeps trying to sit next to me..."

Harry and Jinx leaned back to look at each other past Hermione's head, "Ron" Jinx murmured.

"No!" Hermione hit her arm gently "Ron hasn't shown any interest...I'm moving on."

"Right," Harry murmured, gasping when Hermione hit him.

Through dinner SlugHorn made small talk, asking the people there about their families. "So tell me Cormac, do you see anything of your uncle?"

They were now eating dessert, a bowl of ice cream sat in front of each student. "Yes sir, in fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the minister of magic over the holidays."

"Well. Be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle Bellby? Those of you who don't know Marcus's uncle invented the wolfsbane potion."

The boy he was talking to was stuffing his face with ice cream "Um...I don't know, he and dad don't get on. Says his potions are rubbish, his only potion with having is a stiff one at the end of the day."

"What about you Ms Granger? What exactly does your family do in the muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists." The room was silent and hermione cleared her throat "They tend to peoples teeth."

"Fascinating, and is that considered a dangerous profession?" SlugHorn asked.

"No." She then laughed to herself "Although one boy Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once, he needed ten stitches."

The room once again turned quiet and Jinx laughed. "Robbie Fenwick."

"Jinx dear what about you? How is your father?"

"Which one."

Harry and Hermione exchanged glances and SlugHorn cleared his throat. "Sirius I mean, I thought him when he was a young boy here yknow."

"I do sir."

"Oh that's right! Did you ever go to that pajama store I sent to you?"

"...I did sir, they have...soft. Choices."