⁀➷ III. 4

𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐉𝐎𝐊𝐄

𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐉𝐎𝐊𝐄.
• • •

The next day defense against the dark arts class had finally come.

When the students entered the class the desks were gone, and only the wardrobe was left at the front of the class.

"intriguing isn't it, would anyone like to guess what it is?" Professor Lupin asked as he walked around the room pulling the blinds down over the windows.

The class stayed silent a moment and his eyes wandered to Jinx, he raised an eyebrow and she cleared her throat.

"It's a Boggart," Jinx said, looking at the dark wardrobe that stood in the middle of the room.

Lupin smiled at her "Very good. Now what does a boggart look like?"

"No one knows. They're shapeshifters and take the place of whatever someone fears the most and that's what makes them so-" Jinx started to say.

"Terrifying yes" He finished her sentence. "Luckily, a very charm exists to repel a Bogart, let's practice it now, without wands, please. After me; Riddikulus."

"Riddikulus" The class repeated to him.

"Good, now a little louder; Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

"Very good, well so much for the easy part. You see the incantation alone is not enough, what really finishes a Boggart is laughter. You need to false it into turning into a shape you find truly amusing, let me explain; Neville would you join me?" Lupin asked, guiding Neville to the front of the classroom "Now what do you fear most of all?"

Neville was quiet for a moment before clearing his throat "Pro- Sn-a."

Lupin smiled and hummed "I'm sorry, what?"

"Professor Snape" Neville spoke up. Students laughed and Lupin nodded.

"Yes, he frightens all...You live with your grandmother correct?" Lupin asked.

"Yes, but I don't want it to turn into her either!"

"No, it won't, picture her clothes. Only her clothes in your mind" Lupin told Neville.

"She carries a red handbag," Neville told the class.

"We don't need to hear, as long as you see it we will see it," Lupin said walking towards Neville, he leaned down and whispered something to him before moving back to the rest of the students. "Wand at the ready!" Neville took his wand out of his pocket as Professor Lupin started counting down, at one the Wardrobe opened and Snape walked out and slowly began heading towards Neville. Neville stood there and slowly backed up as Snape moved towards him. "Think Neville think!"