⁀➷ IV. 5

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕.
• • •

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐉𝐢𝐧𝐱.

𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠.

It was the night Jinx and Harry fled from the Dursleys, and arrived at The Leaky Cauldron.

"Return to Hogwarts? Yes. If anyone asks her spell was self-defense. Although I'm afraid Mr. Dursleys lack of hair will remain. Not like he had much in the first place, it's quite intriguing though don't you think?"

"What's intriguing sir?"

"The fact that though she knew the risks, Ms. Pembrooke would still use magic to defend your name."

His eyes trailed over to Jinx, she had fallen asleep in the chair. Her mouth hung open slightly and her head was tilted back.

His eyes trailed to the indent on her eyebrow and the freckles that lined her cheek and moved down to her jaw.

"It's late, why don't you and Ms Pembrooke head to your rooms?"

"Thank you sir. Come on, let's go."

Harry took a hold of Jinx's arm and led her to her room. She collapsed on the bed and let out a groan. "Harry!"

"Yes?" He began tugging on her shoes.

"I think I hit my head on the bus. Everything's dizzy," she sighed and sat up slightly, rubbing at her eyes like a toddler. "I think-I..." she began stuttering and fell backward onto the bed.

"Jinx?" Harry hurried to her side and leaned down to listen to her breathing. "Jinx!" She shot up and began laughing "You asshole!"

"I'm-I'm sorry but it was funny!"

He pushed her back onto the bed and toppled over next to her.

"What did you do to get kicked out?"

Jinx hummed "I didn't make breakfast. Mom called me ungrateful and told me to get out."