⁀➷ I. 8

𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓

𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓.
• • •

Christmas break was over, the students had returned to school and the energy in the air had become much more stressful.

"Look at you, playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon."

Ron set his cards down on the table and huffed, "I'm ready. Ask me any question."

"Alright, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?"

"...I forgot."

Jinx laughed and gripped onto Harry "He forgot what a forgetfulness potion is!"

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?"

Ron shrugged "Copy off you?"

Hermione's face quickly grew serious. " No, you won't. Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."

Rom gasped "That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!"

Harry looked to Jinx "I wonder why."

Laughter filled the hall, Neville Longbottom came hopping into the great hall, his legs stuck together.

He had finally reached their table and leaned against it to catch his breath.

"Leg-Locker Curse?" Ron asked.

"I bet it was Malfoy" Jinx hummed.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville," Ron told him.

"How? I can barely stand at all!"

Seamus jumped out of his seat, his wand pulled "I'll do the countercurse!"

Neville quickly jumped away "No, that's all I need! You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!l

Seamus threw his wand down "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!"

The four at the table were going through chocolate frog cards, trying to see if the name Nicholas Flamel came up.

"I found him!" Harry squealed setting a card down in the middle of the table.

Ron picked up the card and began reading from it. "Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945– for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!"

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day!"

Her home gasped and jumped up, "Follow me!" She led the three back to the library and began pulling at books. "I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading!"