⁀➷ IV. 7

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐇 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐇 𝐌𝐘• • •

• • •

Jinx always liked the water. It was peaceful. Quiet.

Until she was six years old being told if she couldn't swim she'd drown and be eaten by sharks. She never swam again.

When Jinx opened her eyes she gasped for air. She looked around to see water surrounding her, a dock in front of her. She let out another gasp as she felt a hand on her waist.

"It's okay I've got you" Harry told her.

He was pulled back under, a hand reached for Jinx. She gripped onto it and was pulled onto the dock.

"Are you alright?" Ron asked, pulling a towel around her.

"I'm fine. Can't swim" she coughed.

"I noticed" he murmured.

"Oh buzz off!" She smacked his arm.

After a few moments, Harry appeared from the water, flying into the air and landing on the dock. He was coughing heavily and was quickly wrapped in a towel by Hermione.

Harry looked around the dock and smiled widely seeing Jinx, she rushed over to him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry I tried to-"

"Shut up Harry" Jinx scoffed, pushing her head into his chest.

"ATTENTION! The winner is Cedric Diggory! However...seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first if he had just saved Mr. Weasley instead of the others as well...we've agreed to reward him with second place!"

Students began clapping and cheering.

Hermione hurried over to them "Second place Harry that's brilliant!"

"It's amazing," Jinx told him, Harry hugged her body closer to his.

The group was swept away by Hagrid and led through the Forest.

"Now I remember when I first met yer four, biggest bunch of misfits that I've ever set eyes on. Of course, yer remind me of myself a little."

Ron laughed "We're still a bunch of misfits."

"Well, maybe. But we've all got each other, and Harry of course. Soon to be the youngest. tri-wizard champion there's ever been!" Hagrid cheered.

Harry had stopped watching and was staring behind a tree "Harry what's wrong?" Hermione asked. Harry pressed a hand to his head. "Harry seriously what's wrong?" She asked again, she walked around the tree with Harry and gasped.

"Mr.Crouch?" Harry asked.

Barty was taken to Dumbledore's office with Harry.

Once Dumbledore was alerted of what happened the group returned to the common room, so that Harry could tell them what he had seen.

"Tell me what you saw again."

"I was in a chair next to Dumbledore, just that he looked a lot younger. And it was like I wasn't there, but Igor Karkaroff was there and he was telling them stuff. He said Snape was an x-death eater and that Barty crouch junior took part in using the Cruciatus curse on Neville's parents...and then I was back in Dumbledore's office?"

Jinx tilted her head "Okay? So what does that have to do with anything?"

Harry sat down next to her and stayed silent for a moment "I had a dream about him."

"And you didn't tell us?" Ron hummed.

"It was the summer before school started, and in the dream, I was in a house and Voldemort was there only he wasn't human...wormtail was there and so was Mr.Crouch's son. It's always the same dream, almost like it's happening right now."

"Have you talked to Dumbledore?" Hermione asked.

"I did after it happened," He said, "But then Snape accused me of making a pollyjuice potion."

"Why would he think that?" Jinx asked.

"I don't know," He told her.

"How about we talk about it tomorrow? I'm exhausted" Ron rose from couch with a yawn before heading up the stairs.

"I'm going to bed too, Jinx?"

Jinx nodded towards her "Yeah. Just give me a second."

Jinx sat herself on the couch next to Harry, pulling a blanket over them both.

"Harry..."

He hummed, keeping his eyes on the lit fireplace in front of them.

"Why was...why wasn't it Ron? In the Black lake. Why was it me."

He hesitated a moment "I have a picture, of you and me. Our very first birthday party."

"The one where we're in high tops and the cake says Happy first birthday bitches?"

"Right. When I was younger I didn't have many friends. No friends actually. But I had this picture. And it was of that, our first birthday. And I don't know. Knowing that you were out there it...it made me happy. Knowing that there was someone out there who cared for me."

Jinx hummed, pulling Harry's hand into hers "I'll always care about you Harry."

He looked from their hand and to her eyes to find she was already watching him.

Jinx had never kissed anyone before in her life. She had never even thought of kissing anyone before Harry.

"Jinx I think that-"

She cut him off, pushing her lips against his quickly.

She pulled away almost as fast, pulling away more seeing the look of shock across Harry's face.

"I'm sorry! I-"

"Shut up" he murmured, pulling her face back to his.

His hand traced from her shoulder to her jaw, his fingers gripping the hair on the back of her head.

One of her hands moved to rest on Harry's shoulder, and the other moved to grip onto his hair.

Then broke apart briefly to look at each other, the both of them giggling like kids.

"Dear go-"

"Kiss me again" Jinx moved both of her hands to rest on Harry's shoulders. She was smiling and her face had turned a deep red. "Harry kiss me."

• • •