Chapter 17: War Against Blood

Chapter 17.

War Against Blood

You now know that Neptunians are hot headed creatures from time to time. Hell, I have proven that on multiple occasions. Needless to say, this part of the story will further the proof that a simple little gesture, word or sound will set us off. I am not the easiest person around to offer forgiveness to, and this is no exception.

After all that has happened, I never seem to let it escape my mind. It is so weird. My life is so weird. I am half human, half Neptunian. I have a boyfriend that is human. All of my friends are human. My life is so not normal, and I will never be normal for the rest of my life. It was a matter of letting it consume my thoughts to think that I was never going to have a normal life. It would take up all of my strength to always have thoughts on it. I thought that it was best to just let it escape my mind. It would be the finest option to avoid giving myself a headache or giving Sam one. I had enough on my mind which would always cause me to get anxious about the smallest of details. I was no good to anyone if I was stressed all the time.

I thought to myself on Saturday morning after I awoke with the bright atmosphere seeping through the thin curtains from both sides of the room. It was snowing outside but the sun was shining through the thin clouds. This winter was going to be different. I could see every detail of each snowflake; the deformed triangles and the hexagons along with the thin frosty covered tips. They were even more beautiful now than they ever were. This week was very exciting. My parents were on vacation in Hawaii and I had the entire house to myself. I had always loved when they took a vacation without me because then I felt peaceful in the silent house. It is also a special week because it is Halloween. Yay! This year, I don't even have to buy my costume. I had an idea of what I was going to do this Halloween. It was going to be a blast.

I took my time getting out of bed and enjoying the silence throughout the house. Eclipse was sleeping on the foot of the bed while Luna slept on the floor on the right side of the bed with her tail coming around the bed to rest near her nose. Stretching out my arms above me, I then reached over and stroked Eclipse's fur as he yawned. Jumping out of the bed, I patted Luna's neck as I headed for the door to escape the room. I walked downstairs, and the house was quiet. Too quiet for my taste. But I would soon get used to it after a couple of hours. I walked into the clean kitchen and made some hot tea to warm me up even though I never got cold anymore, but it was a good way to start the morning. I grabbed the remote on the ledge above the stove and turned on the TV. The weather channel was on as soon as the screen changed from black to color. As the voices of the reporters rose up in the background, I placed a tea bag in the hot mug as I listened in.

Good morning, folks. The start of your day began a little cold, but things are going to get better. The sun is shining through some thin clouds which tells us that it will not be snowing all day. It seems that this cold front will not stick around for long. In fact, this will be a great Halloween for the youngsters because it will be 65 degrees Halloween night. That is great news considering that they won't have to bundle up to escape the cold while trick-or-treating. That is a record high ever for this time of year! The snow will continue to fall until 3:00 today and then it will be quite sunny for the remainder of the day. That is all to report for today. Remember to stay warm until three and then it will get warmer as the day draws to a close.

I switched the channel to something that was not news related and walked to the window sill and began pouring some sugar into the mug. It wasn't long before Eclipse came charging down the stairs. I placed the cup on the counter and scooped him up off the floor and into my arms. "Good morning, sleepy head." I said to him as he started purring in my arms. His tail was wagging back and forth on my forearm and I kissed the top of his head. His meows echoed off the bare walls and into my ears. "Okay. I will feed you in a minute." I walked over to the cabinet to get him a clean bowl for his food. I then heard Luna come down the stairs. It was nice not having to hide her in my room for the week. She could come down here at any time.