Different -{Terushou}

Look, I ship this so much but there's like no content for it, so I had to make some myself. If you don't like the ship, then just skip the chapter, please don't leave hate or a lengthy essay about how dumb the ship is. And I'm sorry if this is a controversial ship, I wouldn't really know because I don't really look into fandom tea qwq

Terushima felt privileged to be invited by Karasuno to a training camp. Johzenji had a few practise games with them and the managers started to get along really well, so it wasn't unexpected for the 'Party Team' to get thrown into a van and driven up to Tokyo for a month.

That's when he realised how tough the 'big leagues' were. There were three Tokyo powerhouses there, two of which were going to nationals, Karasuno, who beat Shiratorizawa, and two other teams that were pretty threatening. Not like the Johzeji team felt intimidated. They were here for a good time so that might as well be what they did!

On the first day, Johzenji won a set from a team with insane serves but lost the second and third set out of excitement.  The next game they played was against Karsuno, who were just as fierce, if not fiercer than they remembered from the prelims and practise matches. Their final game of the first day was against a team called Nohebi and Terushima felt something different the moment he greeted the captain.

The guy looked nice, but there was a mean gleam in his eyes and his smile was cold. "Let's play a good game, hmm?" He said and shook Terushima's' hand.

"Sure!" He agreed, feeling his palms go sweaty and his face grow hot. "Obviously."

The other captain raised an eyebrow at his reaction but the game started soon afterwards, so they could both forget about it and Terushima was happy about that. Whatever happened earlier was something he wasn't too keen on remembering so the best thing to do was get as much adrenaline as he could in his system and forget all about it thanks to a good time. This match was far nicer than the other matches they had played but it was still not easy.  Nohebi hit where it was hard to receive and their own defence was strong.

The first set went straight to Nohebi but the second one ran a lot longer. In fact, by the time everyone else had finished, the score was 32:31, with Johzenji in the lead, the two teams battling out a deuce. As a rally dragged on, players from the other teams began to gather around the court and watch. Most of Nekoma was loudly supporting Johzenji, especially the Rooster-Head, who mostly showed his support by hurling insults at Nohebi's' captain, who'd return them whenever he could.

Eventually, Nohebi won the game, thanks to one of their spikers making two service aces, finally solidifying the point gap. The moment it was done, both teams almost fell to the ground, breathing heavily.

Terushima face planted next to the net and noticed the Nohebi captain flopping onto his back on the other side.

"Hey," Terushima panted. "What's your name?"

"Suguru... Daishou..." Panted the other captain. "You?"

"Yuji Terushima." He rolled onto his back too, running his hand through his hair. "That was a good game."

Daishou made a grumbling noise, wiping the sweat off his face with his shirt. "You guys just didn't run out of energy..."

Terushima nodded. "And you guys kept the ball up and sent it to tough spots."

The captain of Nohebi glanced at him. "What year are you in?"

"Second."

"Really?" Daishou sounded surprised. "I thought you were a third year."