Wide Enough For Two -{Kogagoshi}

This is a oneshot of mine from AO3 that I realised I had never uploaded here! (That's totally not a reason for you to follow my AO3 account, by the way-)

At the end of this oneshot, I will be doing a little bit of promotion for my AO3 account - you have been warned...

The umbrella of Goshiki Tsutomu had been through a lot. For starters, he had once used it to have a 'sword fight' with Yamagata at the third-year's leaving party. It had also once been used as a walking stick by Kawanishi for two months when he hurt his hip. It was a pretty incredible umbrella.

But, like most things would, it was broken by Tendou smashing it against the sidewalk while he was drunk. In the moment, Goshiki found it hilarious, probably since he was drunk too. However, in the morning, he realised that he didn't just have a serious hangover, he also had a very big problem.

A giant storm was forecasted to flood through Miyagi, to be pouring through the streets with cruel winds and harsh rain. Stores of all kinds had been sold out of coats across the entire town. Goshiki was lucky to even find a store with a coat four sizes too small.

Eventually, Goshiki accepted defeat. And that was how it all started.

The rain was pouring, almost attacking the pavement as Goshiki hesitated at the door of his bus. He could hear some sympathetic murmurs from other passengers and it made his ears go red. He didn't want their pity. He wanted a coat. Carefully, he took one foot off the bus, gingerly avoiding a puddle. The shelter of the bus stop was only half a metre away. Of course he could get there without getting soaked.

Once both his feet were out of the bus, he quickly hurried under the bus stop. The water was already beginning to seep through his jacket and he could feel goosebumps rippling up his arm.

"You're kidding," he groaned, shouldering off his team jacket. "I should've just called in a taxi..."

Goshiki started to adjust his jacket, holding it over his head in the form of a very shitty makeshift covering. With a sigh, he moved his phone into his trouser pocket - sadly, his keys wouldn't fit in too. He'd just have to hope that they wouldn't fall out.

Goshiki made his way to the edge of the bus stop and sighed again. "Here goes nothing," he muttered to himself. Then he stepped out into the storm.

The wind blew cold rain into his face and nearly rushed his jacket from his hands, forcing Goshiki to tighten his grip. It wasn't hard to walk, though - luckily, Goshiki didn't have to force his feet forwards like they did in cartoons.

After a solid fifteen minutes of dragging himself through the storm, the winds died down. Goshiki could loosen his grip a bit on his jacket and wipe the water from his face. Although it was still raining, at least it wasn't attacking him from all sides.

Goshiki kept going, noting how heavy his jacket was getting. "Great," he muttered. Then, something happened.

Although he could still see the rain ahead of him, his fingers were no longer feeling the droplets.

He looked up and saw the beaming face of his friend looking at him, holding a large umbrella above them.

"Kogane?" He exclaimed, a little surprised.

"Hey, 'Shiki!" Kogane greeted. "You look like a drowned bird!"

The comment made Goshiki frown. "Do I really look that bad?"

"'Fraid so! Are you okay?" Kogane smiled.

Goshiki sighed, tentatively lowering his jacket and shaking off a puddle of water that had formed. "Tendou-san broke my umbrella yesterday and I've never invested in coats properly."