Ushijima Wakatoshi's Universe -{Ushiten}

I would like to take this brief moment to present an idea: Semi and Tendou are childhood  best friends and they've somehow managed to stay in the same school everytime. The reason we never saw Semi in Tendou's flashbacks was because he wasn't interested in volleyball until sometime around his second year of middle school - he had always practised with Tendou though, so he had skill in it. Also, they totally switch between family names and first names-

TW: Talk of cancer in Incident Number Three, attempted bullying in Incident Number Five

Tendou Satori prided himself on being unreadable and random. It was what made him fun and a little annoying. His best qualities!

Semi was his best friend and not even he could get a read on his mood, most days; he usually had to rely on hidden codes they mixed in normal sentences and Tendou out-right telling him.

 However, there were certain... incidents, when nearly everyone could get a read on the blocker's mood - he hated and loved these moments. They were hated because people understood him far further than he liked, yet he loved them because of one particular person...

Certain Incident Number One: The First Year's Confession

At afternoon practise, when Tendou walked into the gym, the very first thing he did was pick up a volleyball and hurl it as hard as he could at the back of Ushijima Wakatoshi's head. It only narrowly missed, instead flying past his captain's shoulder. Nobody said a single word and everybody stared at the two.

Tendou cleared his throat and said, in his brightest, cheeriest voice ever. "Sorry, Wakatoshi-kun! I dropped it." Then, he walked away humming, kicked a bench hard, and found Semi.

Ushijima turned around, blinking in confusion. He tilted his head. "That is okay, Tendou. How was your day?"

"Fan-fucking-tastic," Tendou answered. "I had such a great day, I didn't see any bullshit and I'm absolutely fine. How was your day, oh great Wakatoshi-kun?"

"Dude!" Semi elbowed him hard in the ribs. "What the fuck?"

Ushijima, for his part, only seemed mildly perplexed. "My day was nice. There was nothing out of the ordinary, I think."

"Nothing out of the ordinary?!" Tendou screeched, clawing his hands together and sounding like he was dying slightly. "Are you serious?! What the fu-?!" He caught himself, took a deep breath, smiled, and said, "Well, I'm glad you had a good day, Wakatoshi-kun. How was your lunch break?"

"You were with me for my lunch break, Tendou. Why are you asking this?"

"Ah, just humour me!" Tendou said, with no humour in his voice.

"I enjoyed today's lunch. A first-year gave me a confession letter, but-"

"Well, good for you!" Tendou shouted, picking up another volleyball and throwing it at Ushijima.

"Ah," Reon said, after a very, very long moment of silence. "I get it, now."

"Don't get it!" Tendou huffed. "I'm going to my dormitory! And not to sulk!"

He stormed out of the gym, sliding the door shut behind him. He hesitated, kicked it and screamed, pulling at his hair, then walked into the locker room.

Tendou sat, with his back to a locker, hands clasped together in front of his face. He sat there for a good three minutes until Semi walked in.

"Thought I'd find you here," Semi said, in the tone that meant, 'you-are-going-to-tell-me-everything'. He walked over, sitting next to his best friend. "I'm guessing your upset about that confession?"