Dinner Date -{Kogagoshi}

Kogane was absolutely fucking terrified.

He had heard all about 'first date' nerves from Futakuchi, who gave him a lot of advice about this, but he never expected it to be this bad. He felt like he was going vomit everywhere and he still had an hour before he needed to pick up Goshiki. Somehow, he had been less nervous about asking Goshiki out for a date then he was about the actual night.

Maybe it was because he didn't have to make too much of an impression. This date would confirm Goshiki's' answer about dating him for real. Yes, he had agreed to go on a date but that was different! Not to mention, Kogane had never been on a date before, not even a childish one from some elementary crush. What were you supposed to do on one?

Futakuchi had given him some pretty good dos and don'ts for his date but that still didn't clear up all his questions.

Kogane's' phone buzzed and he looked down to see a text from the Dateko group chat.

Ex-Captain: Good luck Koganegawa

Ex-Captain: Make sure to woo him!

newcaptain: yh remember what i told u and ull be fine

newcaptain: all of my tips worked when i took aone out on our first date

Kamasaki: Futakuchi, Aone made the first move when it came to dates, don't lie to yourself

newcaptain: why are u 3rd years even still in the gc????????

Setter#1: :0 thanks Moniwa-san!

Setter#1: :) I hope it goes well because Goshiki is just so pretty and nice and i don't want him to hate me :(

newcaptain: please don't simp in public

Kogane chuckled quietly to himself and set down his phone. The moment he did, the jitters came back. He was absolutely petrified. Oh, god, what if Goshiki did start to hate him? What if he messed up that badly? That would be awful!

The setter took in a deep breath and clapped his hands to his cheeks harshly to clear his head. "I can do this!" He said positively. "I can eat a meal in front of someone without making a fool of myself. I got this!"

Encouraging himself loudly and constantly, Kogane prepared to pick Goshiki up. It was a casual date, at a nice, calm restaurant. It wasn't anything too expensive or flashy, but it wasn't like he was taking Goshiki to a McDonalds either. After scouring the internet for ages, he had decided to settle for a chill Italian restaurant. Nothing too formal, close to Shiratorizawa so Goshiki wouldn't have to walk too far and with very good reviews. Nothing could go wrong!

"I got this, it's gonna be great, he's gonna be so romanced that he'll- he'll be romanced!" Kogane continued to promise to himself as he made his way towards Shiratorizawa Academy. 

He and Goshiki had decided that he'd wait for Goshiki outside the school gates, so when he reached the school he stood nervously outside, changing his waiting position every fifteen seconds. He'd lean on the wall then stand normally, then put his hands in pockets, then he'd cross his arms and lean back against the wall before freaking out and sticking his hands in his pockets before recycling the routine. The nervous feeling in his stomach made his throat clench tightly and his hands started shaking.

The front door of the Shiratorizawa First Year Dormitorys opened and he saw Goshiki leaving calmly.

Kogane's' breath caught in his throat and he rehearsed his lines silently as Goshiki spotted him and made his approach. Goshiki was dressed quite nicely, in dark grey trousers and a checkered, indigo sweater, the white collar of a button shirt peeking out at the neck. Kogane suddenly felt very underdressed, in a casual white t-shirt with a cartoonish volleyball printed on it and comfy blue jeans, his jacket tied around his waist.