Pride Meeting - {Kiyoyachi}

To celebrate Pride Month, have some time skipped KiyoYachi! Sorry, it's short!

Yachi was still shaking slightly as she sat down in her train seat. She felt so out of place, amongst all these people dressed colourlessly for work or school, while she was there, in pinks, oranges and white, glitter on her face and a holographic scrunchie in her blonde hair. Eyes glanced over to her regularly and she tightened her grip on the folded lesbian flag in her hands. She just wanted to see more people like her there.

That's when someone sat down opposite her, making the nervous woman look up.

"Sh-Shimizu-san?" She choked, staring at her old upperclassman.

Kiyoko's black hair had been cropped, the underside dyed to look like the flag in her hands. Hey eyeshadow also looked like the lesbian flag, her eyeliner cateyed and her lips painted red. Her outfit was just as bright and colourful as Yachi's.

"Hi, Yachi," She beamed and Yahci felt her heart jump. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Uhm, yeah!

Please, Hitoka, don't have a lesbian panic. Please don't...

Kiyoko looked Yachi up and down, still with a soft smile on her face. "I see you're going too, huh?"

Yachi nodded, bright red. "Uhm, yeah, I am. I was planning to meet with Tadashi and Tsukishima - I've heard they're dating now."

"Aww," Kiyoko hummed sympathetically. "I guess you'll be thirdwheeling, then?"

The nervous woman nodded, suddenly feeling like the shy schoolgirl she used to be. "'Fraid so... But I didn't want to reject the offer, y'know. It's the first official Pride March in Japan, I had to come!"

Kiyoko nodded, grinning. "I know! That's why I'm coming, too. I'm going with Oikawa Tooru and Iwaizumi Hajime, do you remember them? I'm going to be thirdwheeling too."

Yachi blinked. "Wait, w-weren't they those two on the Aobo Josai team? You know them? They're gay?"

Her old upperclassman laughed. "They're those two! I ran into them after the Shiratorizawa match, in my final year. I guess you could say we sort of hit it off. And, yeah, they've been dating since middle school, actually."

"Are they, like, soulmates?"

Kiyoko nodded. "I'm pretty sure they are." Her eyes flicked across Yachi's outfit and her smile widened slightly. " I'm guessing you're a lesbian, then?"

"I'm guessing you are too. I love your hair."

The other laughed. "Thank you! I got it dyed for the occasion and, I must say, I think it's lovely."

Yachi nodded. "I wish I could do that with mine," She admitted shyly, "But I doubt I'd suit it that much. And my hair's too blonde."

"Maybe you could dye your hair black like mine, then?"

Yachi tried a smile. "I don't think I'd suit black hair, either."

Kiyoko laughed again. "Very well. It's been ages, hasn't it?"

"It has," Yachi admitted. The last time she had seen Kiyoko was at her graduation - that was seven years ago. Yachi liked seeing her again. "Maybe I could, uhm, get your number?"

Kiyoko blinked at her, smile briefly disappearing in her surprise. "Are you sure?"

Yachi went red. "W-well," She said, looking down at her shoes. "I want to catch up..."

There was silence across from her and then she heard laughter. Yachi flinched, glancing up fearfully, only to see Kiyoko pulling out her phone with a warm chuckle.

"You're still so shy, Yachi," Her old upperclassman mused with a beam.

"I-I know, Shimizu-san," She stammered back, hestiantly beginning to pull out her own phone. "It's one of my many winning traits."

Kiyoko laughed again and proceeded to hand Yachi her phone. "Say, would you like to join me at Pride? It'll give me something to do other than watch Iwaizumi and Oikawa make out every few minutes."

Yachi smiled a little. "If they don't mind. Should I, um, invite Tadashi and Tsukishima?"

"If they'd like to come."

In her chest, Yachi's heart fluttered at the beautiful smile given to her by the beautiful woman who had just given her number to her. It was a beautiful day.

"I think they wouldn't mind..."