Your Walk Home

On your way to your home, you hear footsteps coming towards you. The footsteps are getting louder and louder, and very quickly as if the person was running.

The only people who were allowed to be out at late hours were servants.

Afraid of who is could be you start running without even looking behind you. You feared it would be Morgana. She was an enemy of Camelot, she would see to it that her own brother be killed.

The person grabs your arm,"(your name), it's okay, it's me." You look towards the person.

"Oh Merlin, I thought you were Morgana or one of her Knights," you say with a sigh of relief.

"Nope. Just the plain old me," Merlin says with a smile. "So about earlier...I'm sorry."

"Oh no, it should be me apologizing."

"Should we forget it ever happened?"

You both ask at the same time. "I guess that's a yes," Merlin says chuckling along with you. "Would you like to go on a picnic with me on Saturday?" Merlin asks nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"I would love to," you reply with a smile on your face. "Oh no, what about our duties?" Your smile fades away.

"Don't worry I'll think of something," he says with a wink. "Well I'll let you go now. Goodnight, (your name)" with that he runs back to the castle.

"Goodnight!" You call after him, but trying to do it quietly so you wouldn't wake the neighboring homes.