A New Job

After eating with the queen, you head back to Lady Hannah's chambers.

Walking into the door Hannah asks you, "Where have you been?! And where's my necklace?"

"I'm sorry, my lady. The king had asked me to get the queen something to eat. And while doing so I forgot to get you the necklace," you say with an apologetic voice.

"Well-" she was cut off by a knight coming in to the door way. You hear Sefa sigh with relief in the back of the room. "Oh, hello, Sir Percival." She says trying to flirt with him.

"Hello, Lady Hannah. The King wants to speak to (y/n) right away."

"Of course," Hannah says with a bow.

Percival reaches out his arm to escort you to Arthur. You lock arms with his and head down the hallway.

As usual he had no sleeves. Before now you never noticed how big his arms really were.
You both walked in silence to the smaller throne room, where most of the council meetings were held.

Before walking inside the room, Percival stopped, "Allow me," he said opening the door while bowing.

"Thank you, Percival."

Once walking inside, Percival walked behind you and then stepped to the side where the rest of the Knights were. Gwen was sitting in her throne, Arthur was standing in front of his, and Merlin was in the back smiling at you.

You walked to the center of the room trying to figure out why they had called you.

"Ah, (y/n), so I bet you're wondering why you're here?" Arthur finally says. You nod shyly. "Well since there's more work to be done since Guinevere's going to have a baby, I want you to be her maid for the time being."

"I-I would love to!" You say with a smile.

"Ok then it's settled! You'll start tomorrow morning," Arthur says with a smile in return.

Realizing you already had a job your smile faded. "Wait, what about my job with Sefa serving for Lady Hannah?"

"Don't worry, Sir Leon will take care of it." Arthur said with a reassuring smile. "You all may leave now," with that everyone leaves the room and you walk back to you home for the night.