The Next Day

Narrator's POV:

When you wake up you get ready for the day and go to the castle.

"Hello (y/n)" says Sir Leon guarding at the front doors.

"Hello, Leon," you smile.

You head to the kitchen to get food for the King and Queen. You grab some meat, cheese, bread and fruit.

"(Y/n) what are you doing in my kitchen? You don't come in here until lunch," says the chef.

"Merlin's resting so I'm filling in for him today."

"Fine. But if I find out you're grabbing food for yourself I'll chop off your fingers," she snaps.

"Yes, ma'am," you say bowing quickly before bolting out the door.

You go to the king and queen's chambers, serving them their food. While pouring Arthur's wine into his goblet, Merlin bursts through the door with a plate of food.

"What is this?" He asks in a disgusted tone.

"I'm sorry, I thought you would want some rest," you say innocently.

"Well, I am completely capable of doing my duties." Merlin states rudely.

You turn to Arthur,"May I please be excused?" You ask on the verge of tears.

"Of course," he sympathized. You walk out the door and when the doors close you run to your home.

"Merlin!" Arthur yells,"what has gotten into you?"

"Nothing, Sire. I just want to do my duties."

"What about (y/n)? Go check on her!" Arthur demands.

Merlin turns, and leaves the room.

Author's Note:

Sorry it's so short😁 and that it took me so long to post an update. I'll try to be better about that next time.

Also I kinda stole this scene from one of the episodes of Merlin, I hope that doesn't bother anyone.