Chapter 6: Odette's Knight and Shining Armor

Felix walked hand-in-hand with Claude. The seven year old prince was extremely excited to see his older sister, Odette. He couldn't wait for Felix to befriend her. They seem very alike, yet so different at the same time. Odette was a bit strict but a cheerful sister. As for Felix, he treated Claude with a carefree vibe but was a bit overprotective.

The 11 year old aspiring knight was simply following Claude. He didn't know where he was being led to, but it was sure as hell expensive.

The garden that they were walking through was exclusive. Each and every single corner, there were roses of pure red stained colors. There were also a few birds chirping from afar, along with adorable butterflies fluttering around.

It looked like something out of a fairy tale book.

Of course, Felix wasn't expecting anything less from a garden that belonged to the Royal Family. There was probably a man-made lake inside the garden, along with a small gazebo. Or they might even have their own fountain? He wasn't sure. But he knew damn well that this garden screamed rich and royal.

"Felix, wait here!" Claude exclaimed out of a sudden.

They stopped walking, and Claude let go of Felix's hand. He gave the older kid a kind smile. Felix just raised an eyebrow.

Wait here? He couldn't help but wonder why. Regardless, he simply shrugged his shoulders and followed the prince's orders. "Very well."

At that, little Claude de Alger Obelia walked away slowly. He knew that Odette and Anastasius were having a boat ride nearby. He wanted to join them, but it was Felix's ceremony. He wouldn't miss it for the world.

And so, Claude was now in the man-made lake.

He scanned his surroundings. There was supposed to be a boat in the middle of the lake. But it was missing. It was out of his sight. Where could it be? Claude thought to himself. Maybe Odette and Anastasius went back to the Palace? Or perhaps they were playing a game of hide and seek?

"Odette!" the prince called out loudly. "Anastasius! Where are you?"

The lake was surprisingly calm. The warm sun also gave the perfect weather for a boat ride. So why weren't they there?

Claude then, once again, started walking. He kept calling out his siblings' names, but it was dead silent. The breeze also became.... cold. As if there was something that passed through.

He simply shrugged it off.

"Don't play games with me! We need to go back home," he declared.

There was still no answer.

Claude sighed. Where could they be? It was only afternoon. There was no way they'd go back to the Palace again. Maybe they already went back... he pouted to himself.

Then, just as he was about to go back, he heard the winds rustle. It came from a huge tree, just nearby. It was as if the tree was whispering Claude to come closer. Like there was a voice telling him to do so.

Claude raised an eyebrow. There was some sort of sense pulling him close to the tree. And he couldn't do anything about it. He needed to find out what it was. His curiosity was dying to know what led him there.

So, that's what he did.

He went to the tree, ever so slowly. His mana was tightly sealed to his fists, just in case there was something or someone there to attack him. Claude took a deep breath and he turned toward the other side of the tree. Whatever that led him to the tree, there was a reason. He needed to confront it.