Chapter 31: Let Them Eat Cake

Claude didn't come back to Odette's room the previous night due to Annabeth Robane insisting that he get some actual sleep

By the looks of it, the young prince was restless. He wasn't eating his meals properly, his sleep schedule was a mess, and he couldn't even take care of himself.

On the following day, Claude woke up and was ordered to attend the Royal Council Meeting. Much to his dismay, he couldn't decline the invitation because Anastasius ordered for his presence.

Right now, he was currently with Felix inside the Meeting Hall. Anastasius was already there, and on his side was Roger Alpheus. The nobles were gathered around the room and chatting amongst themselves.

"Look who's decided to join us today," Aeterenitas greeted. "about time you showed up."

Until now, Aeterenitas fully inhabited Anastasius' body. The wicked old Emperor overpowered the current one. Regardless, no one really noticed the difference.

"Can you get on with it? I have more important places to be." Claude replied as he stood beside his brother.

Aeterenitas ignored him. He cleared his throat and all the nobles went silent.

"I, Emperor Anastasius, officially declare the Royal Council Meeting open. Please start the discussion, Duke Alpheus."

Duke Alpheus stood up from his seat and presented s few papers at hand. (By a few it meant quite a handful)

"The first in agenda today is: the aftermath of Princess Odette's power. It turns out that the whole Empire experienced earthquakes and thunderstorms, causing plenty of damage and deaths. They demand direct help from nobles."

Sir Alois Margarita shook his head. "Shall we even give help? We have also been affected by the earthquakes, too! Let them find a way to fix their own problems."

Aeterenitas nodded, pretending to pay attention. Truth was, he didn't really care for damages.

He only wanted to know one thing: Is it true that Lucas, the Greatest Wizard, is alive? He saw the hunting shadow of his former mentor a few weeks ago. Those piercing red eyes that he can't forget.

The very same ones that told Aeterenitas that he was weak to become Emperor.