Chapter 26: An Adventure with the Strongest Wizard

Odette's POV

I stood beside Anastasius as he began his speech. We were currently on the Stage, and everyone else was watching. Like Claude, Anastasius was wearing the traditional Royal Suit. His hair was slid back and the Empire's Crown was neatly placed on his head.

"To my beloved nobles, ambassadors, and everyone who attended today's Hunting Festival, I welcome you. You are lucky to experience such a rare event." Anastasius started his speech.

I looked around to see where Claude was. I couldn't find him. Where the hell could he be?

"This year's Hunting Festival, we are blessed to venture to the Land of Shadows because now, we have our Chosen One— the Sunbearer!" he pointed to me.

I smiled at them and waved. I could also feel Anastasius' piercing gaze towards me. 

Throughout the four years of my training, Anastasius became my teacher in harnessing my power. I wasn't aware that he was a skilled wizard, but the man he had was the exact opposite of mine. It radiated a dark yet alluring aura that could rival the light.

"Because of my sister, we are given the chance to venture into the Land of Shadows and eliminate it once and for all! On the first day, everyone is given the chance to hunt for creatures in the Forest. The chosen few who have captured the largest hunt will be given a chance to come with us in the Land of Shadows."

I raised an eyebrow. As far as I knew, it was only me, Anastasius, and Lucas who will enter the Land of Shadows. Of course, Lucas will be disguised as a cat so that no one will suspect him.

"This isn't what we agreed on, Anastasius."

He leaned down to me. "Consider it as a motivation for them to hunt more creatures, Odette."

I sighed. "Fine."

Anastasius then continued, "whoever will win shall be given a prize and the Lady of the Hunt shall be declared, too."

Lady of the Hunt is a title given to noble ladies who had someone dedicated their hunt. There was an unspoken rule that in every Hunting Season, men were only allowed to dedicate their hunts to ladies. And usually, the one who won the Hunting Competition was part of the Royal Family. And for this year, I'm expecting Claude to win.

He isn't here yet, though. I don't even know where he is.

"And of course, I would like to thank my Royal Adviser, Duke Roger Alpheus, for organizing this year's extravagant Hunting Festival." 

Anastasius gestured to Roger, but he wasn't there either. I sighed to myself. Perhaps Roger was elsewhere? My brother was obviously expecting some sort of speech from my fiancee. So, instead of Roger, I stepped forward and took matters into my own hands.

"In Roger's absence, I'd like to speak a few words of my own," I greeted the crowd with a kind smile. "This year's Hunting Festival is when we make history. As your Sunbearer, I will promise you a victorious future without any darkness. My brother, the Emperor, shall accompany me in the Expedition tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day everyone's fate is changed."

I stopped talking and looked at the people in front of me. All of the nobles here were expecting some sort of miracle to happen in the Land of Shadows. I couldn't blame them, though. The Land of Shadows has caused our decades of suffering, chaos, and death. But now that the Prophecy has been fulfilled, and I am the Sunbearer, maybe there is hope.