Chapter 28: A Hero Brought By Fate

"This is your fault, Anastasius. If you weren't such a fucking prick about the truth then Odette should be safe!"

Anastasius glared at him. "You were the obnoxious brat who doesn't take no for an answer. That's why both of us are at fault here."

Claude angrily pointed at the Land of Shadows. It was slowly disappearing and transforming into a clear land, but there were still lightning strikes that came from within.

"Our sister might be dead and you're calm?! You selfish ass!" Claude answered back. "If you don't want to save her, then I'll go on my own."

Anastasius grabbed his wrist. "You travel with us. I can't afford a kid like you wandering in there." He gestured to the chaos uproaring in front of them.

"Fine," Claude groaned. "Let's go."

----------

Once their ship stepped into the Land of Shadows, Anastasius instantly felt his heart become heavy. Claude asked him if he was okay, and he answered with a yes. However, truth was, he wasn't. Anastasius only felt this pain when something bad will happen.

He took a deep breath and held his chest. Aeternitas was calling him again.

"Fuck," Anastasius muttered to himself. "not now, Aeterenitas."

But it's part of our forbidden deal, Anastasius. The evil Emperor replied in his head. I help you become Emperor and I fully take over your body once you enter the Land of Shadows.

Anastasius shook his head. It was aching so bad. He could feel himself sweating out of pain.

"I have to.." he weakly started. "I have to check on my sister first."

The Emperor then felt a pang on his chest, causing him to fall to the ground. Anastasius could feel that Aeterenitas was pissed.

Bullshit. You keep postponing the plan, and now you're doing it again, Aeterenitas said.

"J-just... this once, please." Anastasius coughed. "I can't let Odette die."

Enough!

That was when Anastasius felt an ounce of blood come out of his mouth. He looked down and saw that he was bleeding. "Aeterenitas--"

From now on, I'll take over this body. Aeterenitas then made Anastasius cough more blood. Anastasius tried fighting with Aeterenitas but his head. His head felt like it was gonna explode. His whole body was already heating up.

Sleep tight, Anastasius. Aeterenitas told him.

By then, Anastasius passed out on the floor and Aeterenitas had completely taken over his body.

-----------

Felix Robane wasn't one to disobey orders from Claude. He always followed the Prince, regardless of his orders. He'd even die for Claude if he could. However, there was an exception to this. He only disobeyed Claude when it involved Odette's safety.

After Anastasius and Claude transferred to the other ship, Felix was left with the other Knights on the first ship. He hid among the knights, not wanting to be discovered by the others. He was supposed to be by Claude's side right now. But the Prince and his older brother, the Emperor, were quarreling.

So, Felix disguised himself as one of the Royal Knights that were assigned to protect Odette. He simply took the ship's guard while they entered the Land of Shadows. From time to time, he took subtle glances at Odette.

The Princess was surrounded by a bunch of wizards that were strengthening her power. There were around 11 of them, and everyone was working hard to draw away the darkness.