Chapter 21: The Wizard Within The Dark Tower

It has now been four  years. Four years ever since Odette's Debutante, and her so-called 'Sunbearer' prophecy. Four years ever since Claude and Felix has left for their expedition around the whole Empire. Four years ever since Anastasius has trained Odette to master her powers. And four long years ever since the oh-so great wizard has been awakened (though, that part is still a secret.)

At 18 years old, Princess Odette de Alger Obelia grew up to be such a beautiful young woman. She has now come of age, and her majestic features has now suited her even more than before. Her long golden hair has now reached to her waist, and she grew up just a few inches. Truly, no one else was as beautiful as her throughout the whole Empire. Every gentlemen also wished to be with her but alas, Roger Alpheus has already taken his title as the Princess' fiance.

Speaking of which, the 20 year old Alpheus was with his beloved. They were currently in a picnic, just on the beautiful lawn of the Emerald Palace. The couple has grown quite close for the last four years. Odette didn't really feel as if he was in love with Roger, though. She just saw him as.... well, a best friend. She saw him the way she saw Lillian York-- a shoulder to lean on. But she'd never admit that in public. Never.

Not now that they were talking about their upcoming engagement party.

"I'm sorry that I haven't been able to visit you, Odette." there was a hint of comfort in Roger's tone. It made Odette relieved. "I've been so busy lately, so I want to make it up to you."

Her gloved hands reached for his wrist. Odette soothed it carefully and reassured him, "I understand, Roger. You're working so hard ever since your father retired from being the duke and I believe you're doing an excellent job."

Former Duke Francis Alpheus gave his position to Roger because his health was declining. It has been two years, and Roger has become the man in charge of their Dukedom. At a young age of 18, he managed to undo the wrongdoings of his father and make a good reputation to the Alpheus name. It was truly impressive for someone like Roger Alpheus.

"Thank you for your kind words, Odette. I really need some time off of work," he explained with a sigh. His silver hair made him older than he looked-- around mid-20's or so-- but it still suited him nevertheless.

Odette smiled at him. "You should rest, Roger. Maybe we can have a short trip together? After I finish eradicating the so-called 'Land of Shadows', I mean."

"You say that as if it isn't a big deal," he looked at Odette with concerted eyes. She has been practicing her magic for a few years now, and it's gotten stronger.

"I have seen the Land of Shadows with my two eyes, Odette. And I'm afraid that Anastasius is making the wrong decision of sending you there."

Odette was, however, confident in her own power. She knew she could overpower Anastasius, if she wanted to. She knew she could master her skill and unleash more. Ever since she volunteered to become Anastasius' Sunbearer, another new guide appeared to help her. A lone wizard who was known to be the strongest, and one who has also awoken from his eternal slumber.

"I'll be fine. I won't let Anastasius control me," she answered and leaned in close to Roger. "besides, I have a trump card now. And you're the only one who knows that he exists."

Roger practically choked on his scone. A trump card? What the hell did Odette mean?

"I just want you safe, Odette." he confessed. "what trump card are you talking about, though? I am quite curious."

Odette then whistled and poof! a small black cat with a little red gem on its forehead appeared. It sat on her lap with a surprised look, as if its nap time was disturbed. She soothed its head and hugged the cat close.