Chapter 22: Prince Claude and His Four Year Expedition

The sounds of the horse's steps seem to echo throughout the dark forest. It drifted through the wind carelessly, and its rider— a Messenger from the Royal Palace, had a map at hand. The map led to an unknown destination; something that was quite new to him.

It led him to the Campsite of the Second Prince Claude de Alger Obelia.

Once a month, the Prince recieves packages, letters, and the like. For four long years, plenty of messengers found their way to different campsites surrounding the Empire. Each year, the campsite had a more discreet location. Something way more harder to find to the naked eye.

The Messenger sighed, and gestured for his horse to stop. "This is the place... at least it looks like it," he muttered to himself.

He looked at his surroundings. There was a vast green field with different tents. Various men were chattering among themselves— some were feeding their horses, some sharing a drink, and few actually training. Prince Claude's knights were only a few, but boy did they make a strong army. They were young men who were handpicked by the Prince himself— no, actually.

It was Felix Robane who picked the knights. He knew his way to his comrades. He knew which of them would be of help to the expedition.

That was why a knight approached the Messenger. "You're a new Messenger, aren't ya?" he asked, scanning the man from head to toe.

He nodded shyly. Then, the knight patted his back. "If you're lookin' for the Prince, he's over there."

The knight gestured to a crowd forming in the middle of it all. Different knights were cheering for something; someone. He led the Messenger to it, and greeted a few men on the way there.

Most men seem to be familiar with their comrades. They have been with each other for four years, and they've been navigating the Empire. Exploring and discovering each nation according to the Prince's orders.

"Pardon me," the Messenger replied shyly. "uh, I have a very urgent package for the Prince. Is it okay if I meet with him alone?"

The knight laughed, and shook his head. "He's in a duel, kid." he pointed to the two men fighting in the middle of the circle. "that package will have to wait."

Their attention then went to the sound of men cheering. In the middle of the field was Felix Robane, now 19 years old and a fully grown man. His tall figure—5'11, was perfect for his age. Over the years, he got a lean yet muscular build that helped his body improve. His features has gotten sharper, along with his hair. He wore his signature cape (the black one, from Odette) and he stood tall, panting with a sword at hand.

"You've gotten quite skilled in Swordsmanship, but you'll never be as good as me." he gripped his sword and stood his ground.

He then took a deep breath and lunged toward his opponent, leaving the other one cornered and breathless.

On the other side of the field was a tall young man. You wouldn't recognize who he was at a glance, but upon seeing his royal tainted eyes, its clear who it was.

Felix grinned at his opponent, who was frozen on his spot. "You can surrender already, Prince Claude."

16 year old Prince Claude stood tall, just a few centimeters below Felix. His physique become more fit for a Prince— clear radiant skin and hair that reflected the sun. His cerulean blue eyes seem to befit his calm yet strong demeanor. And he's changed— he's changed a lot throughout the four years. He and Anastasius shared the same features, but Prince Claude somewhat looked more handsome.