Chapter 8: The Boys of Arlanta Academy

Arlanta Academy was one of the most prominent schools in the whole Empire. Different noble families from every nation has studied there. Not to mention that the Royal Family has consistently attended the school, mainly the first in line for the throne.

There was no doubt that the said school would be known for its quality education. All Emperors attended it, except for one. Emperor Aeterenitas wasn't accepted because he failed to have a recommendation from his teacher, Lucas.

However, that was all in the past. As of now, Arlanta Academy was better than ever.

For the past three (almost four) years, Prince Anastasius de Alger Obelia has attended the prestigious school. And he amazed each and every professor with his high intelligence and skills in swordsmanship. The prince also charmed everyone with his excellent social skills, quickly earning their trust.

Anastasius was, so far, the best heir that has attended the academy. And they found it quite sad that he was leaving in a few months. The prince was at his last year, and he was turning 16. That also meant that he'll be declared Crown Prince, next to the throne.

In just a few months, history would be made. And everyone, throughout the Obelian Empire will witness the famous Anastasius de Alger Obelia as Crown Prince.

Anastasius grew up to be handsome and charming. When he was 12, he was only 5'3 tall. However, as years pass, he grew up to become 5'10. He'd probably grow a bit taller before he turns 18. As for his looks, his slid back blonde hair made ladies swoon for him. His cerulean eyes made him the perfect image of a prince.

He became quite rowdy, too. A bit naughty, some might say. But it only made him more attractive.

Everyone, in the campus, was very much intrigued. Who was the lucky lady that he always wrote to? Who was the lady whom he never failed to write, almost every month of each year?

And who was the lady that always replied to each and every letter that he wrote? No one, even his classmates, knew whom Anastasius was writing to. They made assumptions, but none were confirmed.

No one knew, except Roger Alpheus, that is.

Speaking of Roger Alpheus, he was currently in the Main Hall of Arlanta Academy. Anastasius, meanwhile, was nowhere to be seen.

The future duke stood alongside the many students to see the class standing for this school year. The now 16 year old Alpheus grew up to be a ladies' man too. He was full of manners and a gentleman.

".... who's the top student this year?" One student asked the other.

"In our batch? There is no doubt that it'll be the Prince! He's the top student last year."

"Are you sure?" The other argued. "Duke Alpheus' son is the student council president, don't you think he'll top?"

Roger could hear all their whispers from afar, even from a mile away. He simply stood tall and waited. And he eavesdropped a bit--- it was a bit entertaining, after all.

"But it's odd, isn't it?" One student whispered.

"What is?"

"Roger Alpheus and Prince Anastasius," they replied. "aren't they too close for best friends?"

Roger's ears turned upon hearing that. What are they talking about?

"Now that you've mentioned it...." another random student agreed. "don't they do everything together? I saw them in a bathtub together... once."

"Yeah! And they share the biggest room in all of the academy," the student informed. "it's as big as a penthouse. Who knows what they do there?"