Chapter 16: Once Upon A Dream

There was once a Divine Princess. The princess came from a far planet, one from a different set of skies. She loved her planet dearly; it had twenty sunsets a day, a few tumbleweeds in the corner, and her most precious rose. She left her rose all alone in the planet, for the princess wanted to discover about the outside world more. And so, she travelled through the five different planets. Until it brought her to Earth. 

The Princess had the eyes of the sun--- it gleamed as if it lit fire to one's soul. With her fiery eyes came bountiful mana. Sparks flowed through her veins and clashed to her fingertips. She created all of the land; its trees, animals, and even the skies. All these she made, but she still felt alone. There was no other human with her. Despite this, she took care of her creations with deep passion. Never once has she chosen to give up on them. 

Until one day, there came an exiled wizard. He was called the Darkling, for he possessed the power to manipulate the shadows. He swore to serve the Princess with all his life, and to dedicate his heart to only her. 

'Who are you, and where did you come from?' the Princess asked, clearly astonished. 

'I am from the West of Svadia, a nearby nation, m'lady.' he explained how he was exiled for being framed for such a malicious act. He wanted to escape his past life and restart anew. 

It took a couple of tries, but the Princess accepted his offer. They became close, despite being the polar opposites. The Princess was the bearer of light, while he an amplifier for the shadows. Their dynamic was a bit odd, but they still shared friendship. Then, there came a day when the wizard asked the Princess, 'If I may ask m'lady, where did you come from? A nearby province, perhaps?'

She shook her head. 'I come from a different planet; somewhere far from here. I only wish to learn more about the outside, so I came here.'

'So, you will leave Earth eventually?' he asked, in which the Princess nodded. 'but why?'

The Princess held a rose to her hand. She examined its appearance; ever so beautiful and vibrant. Much like the rose she had at home. 'I have a rose to get back to.'

'But there are plenty of roses here,' 

'Yes, but my rose is different.' she tried to recall the said flower. Oh how she left it all alone! She missed it dreadfully. 'she is my rose-- I took care of her. I love her dearly, that's what makes her so special.

'Now, it's my turn to ask. Why were you exiled, dear wizard?'

'The King of the West ordered me to mold a poisonous snake out of the shadows, one that is immortal.' he explained. 'I did it accordingly, even if I didn't know his reasons.'

He then explained how the King has manipulated him to make a beast that could kill anyone. The monstrous snake didn't dare obey the wizard, nor the King. So, the King decided to banish the wizard. The King still had the snake, but never swore to use it until necessary. It was too dangerous, but he ordered it to be made for a reason. 

For a few more months, the Divine Princess and the Exiled Wizard became best of friends. They journeyed through the whole world, and learned a lot about each other. However, they arrived at the Kingdom of Svadia. 

'I will go back to my planet, dear wizard.'

'How so?' the Princess then ignored his question and snuck in the Palace. The wizard wasn't able to catch up with her, so he ran for his life trying to find the Princess. 

She went to the basement, where the snake was hidden. The Princess unlocked the snake's cell. 'With one bite, I will be able to leave.' she then pointed to the stars; it was the peak of night. 'My planet is too far to point out, but I will be there.'