Chapter 10: The Return of The Crown Prince

It was the most fateful day that everyone, throughout the Empire, waited for.

The return of the eldest prince, the soon to be Crown Prince; the future Emperor. The beloved Prince Anastasius de Alger Obelia.

His arrival, of course, was extravagant as ever. The villagers lined up outside of their homes and made way to the Prince's arrival. They waved Obelia's national flag, the sun painted in the middle with purple background.

Usually, most princes would enter with the carriage. He'd usually enter with plenty of escorts, and he'd be placed in the middle. This was for the safety and protection of everyone.

However, Anastasius decided not to do such lousy protocols.

He decided to enter wearing his favorite custom-made suit, and with his mighty horse. There were only a few knights that escorted him; a total of five knights following his lead.

Anastasius was at the very front of it all. He waved at the people, and gave them his charming smile. He could hear the squeals of each and every lady he passed by. Some even threw roses to him.

His slid back golden hair made him the perfect image of crown prince.

Afterwards, he then approached the gates of the Palace. There were plenty of knights lined up; all saluting towards him. Anastasius nodded to each and every one of them.

However, one knight catched his eye.

Slowly enough, he got down from his horse. He walked toward the knight and smiled. In return, the knight knelt and put a hand on his heart.

"Glory and Blessings upon the Future Sun of Obelia, Your Highness."

"Felix Robane, was it?"

"Yes, Your Highness. I am one of the aspiring knights."

Anastasius smirked. "You share the same features as your father— even his charisma, it seems."

Felix gulped. "Of course. He is my role model."

The Prince scanned Felix head to toe. They were around the same age; practically the same height too.

Anastasius then remembered--- this was the man that Odette was close to. The one he saw at the festival.

"Who are you dedicating your Knight's Oath to, Felix?"

Felix didn't even hesitate as he answered.

"To Claude de Alger Obelia, Your Highness."

Claude? "Interesting," he replied. "I'll see you at the Knighting Ceremony, Head Knight."

Felix's eyes widened. Did the Prince just say Head Knight?

"Thank you, Prince Anastasius."

Anastasius then leaned forward to Felix's ears. His eyes instantly darkened.

"Don't even think of laying a hand on my sister, Robane."

He firmly pressed Felix's shoulder; enough for it to leave a mark. 

At that simple action, everyone's eyes were on them. Anastasius left with a smirk on his lips, and he simply walked away from the scene.

----------

After greeting the knights, Anastasius went straight to the most awaited part of his arrival.

He was going to see his family again after four years. The last time they saw him, he was just a 12 year old with only 5'4 as his height. However, he came back to Obelia at 16 years old standing at 5'11 tall.