Chapter 24: In a Matter of Time and Space

The reunion of the three Royal siblings was currently being held in the Main Dining Room of the Palace. Each and every servant carefully helped in decorating the room just to please the three Royals. The menu was handpicked by Emperor Anastasius himself and the best chefs of Obelia were the ones assigned to cook each dish.

All this was done to celebrate and welcome the return of Prince Claude de Alger Obelia.

Odette and Anastasius were already inside the Dining Room, quietly chatting about the current plans regarding the Hunting Festival. Prince Claude was, meanwhile, nowhere to be seen. It seems as if he was running late. 

"Shall we start dinner without Claude? We have been waiting for half an hour." Anastasius impatiently asked Odette. 

She shook her head. "No, dear brother. We must wait for Claude. I haven't even seen him yet."

"He hasn't learned any manners from his four year expedition," he said to himself. "I should put him in etiquette classes again."

"Don't be that harsh, Anastasius," Odette reminded. "he's 16, just a mere child. Let him goof around."

"16?" he tried to recall. "At that age, I already became Emperor. Claude has no excuse for this behavior." 

Instead of arguing, Odette nodded and called a maid. She ordered for the maid to call on Claude. A few minutes after, the second Prince arrived with an apologetic smile. He was wearing his training uniform with a sword at hand. 

"Sorry for being late, Anastasius." the 16 year old greeted. "I had training with the Royal Knights. I almost forgot our lunch together."

"Seems you also forgot someone else joining us today, Claude." Anastasius reminded him. 

Odette cleared her throat, causing Claude to look over at her side. His eyes instantly widened. He hasn't even noticed Odette's presence. It's been four years since he last saw his sister. She hasn't changed much, but Claude could feel that her mana gradually increased.

She smiled. "Please take a seat, Claude. We have much to talk about."

----------

Claude quickly apologized for not noticing Odette earlier. He took a seat beside Odette and told her everything about the four year expedition. Whenever Odette brought him letters during his trip, he felt an immense joy. He truly missed her sister more than anyone. 

"I even managed to defeat Felix in a duel, Odette." he stated proudly.

"Very impressive, Claude. You've grown a lot and I am so proud." she replied. "You're still my baby brother, though."

She pinched Claude's cheeks and the younger man instantly blushed in embarrassment. 

"I'm not a kid anymore, stop doing that." 

"You sure act like one." Anastasius intervened. "Your four year expedition has done more bad than good."

Claude glared at his brother. 

"Your stupid prep school just made you an asshole."

"An asshole that has manners, at least."