Chapter 4

"Alright, today we will have a few one-on-one battles to finish things off." Mrs. Liech said to the class afterwards.

Four battles followed. Both Cody and Stanley participated in a battle, each showing off their combat skills. Stanley lifted up an entire section of the bleachers to crush his opponent. Cody wasn't so lucky. His opponent was a girl, and Cody couldn't resist himself. He was defeated but got out with some pretty good shots of the scarlet "babe".

However, Mrs. Liech quickly ruined that. "I'll be taking that," she said swiping his camera.

"Alright, now for our next battle..." Mrs. Liech wandered down the row of students, each looking a bit fearful to be chosen.

Then two hands went into the air. At first it was just one, but another sighed and followed her lead.

"We would like to battle each other Mrs. Liech." Daniel said standing next to Riley.

Mrs. Liech shrugged and accepted their cards. Daniel threw on a dark blue collared shirt similar to Luke's, leaving it unbuttoned. Riley pulled a black hoodie over her head.

"I grant approval over death!" Mrs. Liech called out. The battle zone formed once again.

"Are you ready to put on a show Riley?"

Riley frowned. "This is a fight to the death."

Daniel shrugged. "Well this will be something they have never seen before."

This made Riley smile. That smile quickly faded as a death scythe materialized in her hands. The perfect weapon for such a dark girl.

Daniel formed two arm-blades. These deadly weapons extended from his forearm going past his fingertips by about ten inches.

They both charged at each other. Only Riley jumped up before colliding with Daniel. Her jump was super charged as she shot straight upwards incredibly fast. Just before hitting the ceiling, Riley flipped herself around and sprung off the ceiling downwards.

Daniel, who was still running, detected the split-second attack and slid on his back. He crossed his arm-blades just in time to block Riley's sky-fall attack.

Riley rolled off of Daniel. She then put the hand that wasn't holding her scythe in on Daniel's chest.

"Uh-oh," Daniel muttered, realizing what was about to happen.

Daniel was launched across the room and into a concrete wall. The wall cracked as he slammed into it.

But Daniel wasn't dead yet, much to everyone's surprise.

"That was a good one Riley." He said rotating his arm to see how well it still moved. After a quick self-inspection, Daniel charged once again and the two clashed blades once again.

Luke was amazed at how skilled these two were. They were on a fighting level far beyond anything he had ever seen before.

He overheard two people whispering to each other.

"Her power is jet shock. She can shoot jet pulses out of her palms and feet, kind of like shooting out air attacks. That is how she can jump so high."

"What about the guy?" Another whispered.

"He is the son of the head of the royal guard. They say that he is the princess's bodyguard."