Chapter 23

Kelly Ratchet stepped out of the school. Men from the royal guard had the place surrounded. News that Raí Academy's own principal, Mr. Arthur Wilberry, was the Godkid of Creation spread very fast. She had suspected it, but lacked the proof to report it to anyone.

Arthur had disappeared however. It seemed that he had known that he was discovered, and had long left before the police could arrive. Mrs. Liech had also disappeared.

"What is going to happen to the school now Kelly?" Maya asked. She, Luke, Cerce, Daniel and Riley were the only students left on campus. The rest had gone home for the day.

"I don't know Maya. We have to continue the way things were. We need to get this incident off of the people's minds."

Toby stepped up. "The Pentabowa tournament is coming up. We need to show them that this school is still alive."

Everyone nodded.

"It seems that Mrs. Liech was the Sister after all. She had the shadow ability so she could spy on everyone," someone said.

"What is going to happen now?" Daniel asked.

"The royal guard will send out a search party for them." Ms. Ratchet said. "You five, or I guess six, are being summoned to the castle tomorrow. Go home and get some rest, then get to the castle tomorrow." Then she paused, and looked at Cerce. "Actually Cerce, I have a favor to ask of you."

Cerce turned around. "What is it Ms. Ratchet?"

"The weekend after the Pentabowa Tournament is the annual Celebration of the Gods. We hold it in celebration of the day that the God Destruction saved the Goddess of Manipulation from the God of Creation when she was locked in that high tower. That is also where the Goddess of Manipulation forged the Triblade."

Something about that word peaked Luke's interest. He listened in to their conversation.

"So each year we hold a tournament to determine who becomes the hero and rescues the Goddess in the tower. We would like you to help us by representing the Goddess of Manipulation, since you are the Godkid of Manipulation." Then she looked at the cloak Cerce wore around her. "I don't know how, but your cloak looks exactly like the one that the real Goddess of Manipulation wore. You hardly even have to dress up at all for this."

"What do I have to do?"

"When the victor is determined, you give him the fake Triblade and together you place the Triblade in the statue of the God of Destruction on the outskirts of town. That part is actually done alone with just you and the winner. Then afterward is a big party, where you are the guest of honor."

Cerce quickly glanced over at Luke, who had lost interest in their conversation and was beginning to walk away with everyone else.

"Can he participate?" she whispered.

Ms. Ratchet smiled. "Of course he can. If you can convince him to enter the tournament,"

Cerce smiled back at her. "I think that I can do it then."

"No Rio. You have to have your own room. We can't sleep together." Maya insisted as they got back to the girls' dorm.

"I have to protect you."

"Guys in one room, girls in the other. That is how we are going to sleep. I am a girl, you are a boy. We can't sleep in the same room it is just wrong." She turned to her friends. "Right guys?"

Everyone silently looked at the floor.

"Oh don't tell me..." Maya began. "You guys slept together?"

Daniel sighed. "I am sorry to contradict what you just said, but I will be sleeping in the same room as Riley. It is my job to protect her. I need to be as close to her as possible." He saw Riley's eyes gleam, so he quickly added, "without breaking any personal boundaries."

Maya turned to Luke. "You slept in the same room as Cerce?"

"It was for protection! We were afraid of getting attacked. Safety in numbers right?"

Maya frowned. "Fine. But I want to sleep in Luke's room this time."

Rio pulled on her shirt. "Lady Roma said that I can't let anything happen to you. Please stay with me."

"Fine." Maya pouted. "Cerce, you win this round." Then she walked up and stared Luke down. "Luke, if you do something indecent to her, the Godkid of Creation is going to be the last thing that you will worry about."

"Okay Ayam." Luke said scared.

"My name isn't Ayam!" Maya screamed as she round house kicked Luke into the wall.

"Listen up everyone." Daniel instructed. "We don't know if Creation will come for us or not. We have to be ready. Just shout if something happens. We are all right next to each other. Let's all survive this night."