Chapter 25

"Alright," Daniel said closing the door. "We are safe now. Let's hope that it is a quiet night tonight."

Riley jumped up on Daniel's back. "I never got to thank you for getting rid of Jack,"

"You don't need to do that," Daniel said letting her off.

Riley shook her head. "I have to pay you back, so in exchange," she paused, blushing hard. "You can do anything you want to me," She began to take her shirt off.

"No" Daniel said without hesitation.

Riley stepped closer to Daniel, though her eyes could not connect with his. "It's okay now. I am not getting married to Jack, so I am all yours. You can do anything you want to me,"

"Put your clothes on Riley," Daniel groaned. "We both know that you don't want to do that."

"But I want to make you happy," Riley said flatly.

Daniel sighed. "Then keep your shirt on and come watch TV with me."

Knowing that Daniel was not going to give in, Riley decided to give in herself and join him. Despite what had just happened, Riley did not hesitate to sit on Daniel's lap and put her arms around his neck. It was probably her favorite position, and one of the only ones that Daniel didn't seem to be bothered by, shockingly.

The truth was that Riley was a lot smaller than Daniel, so she fit in his lap perfectly. It was the only way she would get away with cuddling with him without worrying about him complaining.

After about a half hour of watching a re-run of one of their favorite childhood TV shows, Riley nudged Daniel.

"Daniel,"

"What is it now?" Daniel asked, expecting the worst.

Riley looked up at him innocently. "We haven't kissed yet."

"I wasn't planning on it," Daniel said simply.

"But I want to kiss you," Riley said with pleading eyes. Her face moved closer to his.

"Knock it off. Don't you want your first kiss to be in a more romantic place than this?"

"So we kiss somewhere else?" Riley said confused.

"You are doing this on purpose aren't you?" Daniel exclaimed. When Riley's expression remained serious, he sighed. "We aren't kissing,"

"Please?" Riley said still hopeful.

"No, you are my friend. I can't kiss you."

"Why not?"

"Because I am your bodyguard!"

"I don't mind it,"

"Stop this!" Daniel said getting angry. "We are not kissing! Not ever! You need to stop thinking that we have a chance to be together Riley."

Riley looked down at the floor. She remained silent. Which only meant that she was upset.

Sighing, Daniel reached down and ran his fingers through her hair. She always loved when he did that to her. It was one of the ways he learned to calm her down.

Daniel felt tear drops fall onto his leg. He hugged her tightly and combed her hair.

"I love you so much Daniel," Riley said under his arms.

"I know,"