Chapter 7

"Students, you all have lunch next period. This is where your CR comes into play. CR acts as money in our school. Most stores outside of Raí Academy will also accept CR as money." Ms. Ratchet explained. "In our school, we allow students to roam free during lunchtime, as long as they remain on campus."

The day had gone by quite fast. By this time, everyone in the school had learned of Luke Sky and Cerce Temple, the two Godkids of the school. Some even challenged Luke and Cerce to a fight. Ms. Ratchet refused to approve of any of them. She wanted to protect them for at least their first day of school.

When the bell for lunch rang, four people scramble up and dashed out of the room, each with their own reasons to run.

Cerce ran out to avoid any conflicts with more people who wanted to challenge her. She didn't like fighting unless the person she was fighting was evil. It reminded her too much of her parents and that awful night.

Luke on the other hand, wanted to show off. He had no interest in fighting, but he wanted to test his new ability. He wanted to see how strong he truly was. So he headed outside for a little test of his own in the open space.

Daniel and Riley left for the same reason. They knew all too well that Riley was going to get bombarded with guys the moment that they were free. Daniel knew Riley hated people, so he ran out with her, making sure none of her psycho followers tried to grab her.

All four had a specific spot that they would meet up. Daniel decided that everyone, including Cody and Stanley, would eat lunch on the roof.

Everyone quickly made it up to the roof with their lunches, except for Luke.

"What a day so far," Daniel muttered as he collapsed to the floor.

"She stole my camera." Cody whined.

Stanley gave his best friend a pat on the back. "Want to go sneak into her office and get it?"

"Yeah!" Cody cheered. And the two left before anyone could stop them.

Cerce watched them leave. Those two were her only chance at a normal conversation at the moment. Riley was far too hooked on Daniel and Daniel didn't seem like he would be interested in anything Cerce liked.

So Cerce stared out towards the horizon, wondering where Luke was.

"Is Luke coming soon?" Daniel asked out loud.

Cerce shrugged.

"Jeez. Where is that kid?"

Their question was soon answered by a giant fire vortex that split the clouds and brightened the day even though it was a little past noon. It was so bright, they had to blink their eyes rapidly just to get their vision back.

"Wooooh!" A childish voice echoed. A figure went flying in the air and spun around. A majestic flame danced around Luke's body in a swirling pattern. He must have jumped twenty feet in the air.

Then Luke jumped from the ground straight up to the roof of the building.

A big smile spread across his face. "Hey guys! What did I miss?"

"Show off." Daniel laughed.

Cerce smiled. "That was pretty cool Luke. The whole school saw that."

Luke nodded and sat down on the floor next to her. Mission Accomplished.

Daniel moved over so Luke could have enough room to eat his lunch. Riley immediately moved and cuddled up against him.

"Riley?"

She looked up at him innocently. "Yes?"

Daniel diverted his eyes from her. "I can't eat with you leaning on me like this. Can you get off?" He asked politely.

"No"

That surprised Daniel, even though it really shouldn't have. "Why not?"

"I won the fight"

Daniel gave in. He once again attempted to eat his food, but it wasn't possible. At least, not without getting a few drops of sauce from his meatball hero on Riley or himself.

He sighed. "How about if we go see a movie after school?"

Riley blushed. "Okay" she said softly. But she didn't move from his arm.

"Riley?" Daniel asked patiently.

"Yes?"

"GET OFF!" he shouted as Luke and Cerce cracked up.

By the time Cody and Stanley returned with his camera, everyone was mostly finished eating. Cerce was standing on the top of the iron bar fence, using telekinesis to balance herself.

"What is that over there Daniel?" She asked pointing to an open field on the outskirts of Central Trabachi.

Daniel stood up to take a look. "Interesting that you should point that out. That is Mallatie Park. Lady Mallatie was the Goddess of Manipulation."

"Whoa" Cerce muttered. "She created that area?"

Daniel frowned. "You really don't know our history do you?"

"I lived in Eastern Trabachi. It's mostly woods there, so I honestly don't know very much. I knew that I was the Godkid because someone told me about it."

"So you don't know about what happened at that park?" Daniel said surprised.

"Nope"

He shrugged. "Well I guess you will find out eventually."

"Can we go there?" Cerce asked.

"Sure. Right after school."

"Hey!" A horrible voice said behind them. "You brats snuck into my office." Mrs. Liech growled.

Cody and Stanley looked at her with fearful eyes.

"I will be taking this." She said snatching Cody's camera. Then she proceeded to snap the camera in half and left the broken-hearted Cody on the roof.

"What about the movie Daniel?" Riley asked, ignoring Cody.

Daniel shrugged. "We will go afterwards. Is that okay?"

Riley crossed her arms. "Hold my hand."

"Fine." Daniel sighed.

"Sweet!" Luke cheered. "It is going to be just like old times again!"

And that's what Cerce was hoping for.