Chapter 21

When Maya stopped running, she knew that something was wrong.

She was in the same field, but when she turned around, the school was gone. A temple had taken the place of the building.

"Where am I?" Maya wondered out loud. "Luke? Cerce?"

She looked out into the town. Everything looked different. Like it was all ancient. The castle was still there, but the city had become farmland.

"Is this still Trabachi?"

Suddenly, a giant creature appeared out of the forest and ran behind the temple.

Maya rubbed her eyes. There was no way that she could have seen what she thought she saw just then. That was impossible, even for Trabachi. She had to know. She decided that she could just take a peek inside.

Maya crept into the temple as quietly as she could. If the creature was what she thought it might be, then she certainly did not want to have it notice her.

"Well, who are you?" A woman's voice said, making Maya jump.

"Sorry. I thought I saw something run in here." Maya turned. A beautiful woman stood in front of her. Her clothes looked like the ones she had seen when she studied Egyptian culture.

"Perhaps you are a thief?" The woman suggested.

"No!"

"That is just what a thief would say."

Then the woman summoned a sword. Maya felt relieved for a moment. Wherever she was, she knew that she must have been somewhere in Trabachi. The woman charged Maya with full force. Maya dodged with lightning speed.

"You are fast. How about this?" A small energy ball formed in the woman's hands. She shot it at Maya.

Maya suddenly remembered her talk with Kelly Ratchet as she explained her powers. She was the Godkid of Energy. That meant that she could control energy. She could absorb it, and shoot out her own. That was the ability that she had, along with generating lightning.

Maya held out her hand. The sphere sucked right into it, leaving Maya undamaged.

"I did it!" Maya cheered.

The woman stared her down. Maya knew that she couldn't play defense forever. She had to attack.

Something came over her. It was as if someone was guiding her lips.

"Godskill: Zeus's Fury"

Shockingly, the woman before Maya mimicked her movements. Two giant lightning bolts struck down and hit Maya and the woman. Neither felt a single jolt of it.

The woman laughed and bowed politely.

"Thank you for that. It has been awhile since I got to use my Godskills."

Maya was dumbfounded. "I thought only Godkids could use Godskills? And how were you able to use my Godskill?"

The woman smiled warmly. "Sweetie, I invented that move. I am the Goddess of Energy. That small little sensation you felt before uttering that move was my help. You can get help from me when you need some extra powerful moves. It is sort of like you are summoning my knowledge for assistance and extra power."

"The Goddess of Energy? How is that possible? You are supposed to be long gone!" Maya exclaimed.

The Goddess smiled. "Congratulations Maya Sky, you have successfully made your first leap through time."