Chapter 35

Everyone gathered around in a huddle as Daniel went over the plan.

            “Alright listen up.  These guys are nothing like anyone we have faced so far.  If we want to win, we have to score quickly and keep them on their toes.”

            Luke’s eyes lit up.  “So are we going to do the plan?”

            Daniel looked at him and grinned.

            “Let’s go over it before the match.”

            And as the five huddled up and whispered the plan to each other, no one noticed the small girl hidden in the shadows.

Casey turned to her team with information on team Rallyicho’s plan for the next match.  Each member of team Pentas grinned at the news.  Now that they had their information, they would be able to counter it.

            “They rely too heavily on Luke.” Alex, their leader noted.

            “That is right,” the only other girl, Haley, added.  “All of their plays required him to be the center.”

            Bradley, the tallest of the group, also spoke up.  “If we take him out, their plans will be in a mess.”

            “We should take advantage of their one weakness.”  Haley pointed out.

            “You are talking about their defender right?  Daniel Ledge?”

            Haley nodded.  “He is the weakest one out of all of them.  We should focus our efforts on using him to score easy points.”

            Casey nodded in agreement.  “I agree, but Luke is still a problem.”

            “Luckily, we have a secret weapon this year, who had handle him.” Alex grinned.

            The four turned to their newest member of the team.  He was a skinny boy who had fallen asleep on the floor.

            “Come on Edward, it is time to get up now,” Casey said gently.

            Edward slowly opened his eyes.  Like a baby, he slowly sat up and squinted at his fellow teammates.  He rubbed his eyes.

            “Is it time to fight already?” he whined.

            Casey held his hand as he very slowly stood up.  He wobbled over, still sleepy from his nap.  Then suddenly, without warning, his eyes snapped open.

            “I WILL DESTROY THOSE PATHETIC HUMANS!!!” he roared.

            Bradley chuckled as he took his fingers out of his ears.  “I will never get use to that no matter how many times it happens.”

            Alex clapped his hands and everyone formed a huddle.

            “Alright.  This is it.  We are defending our title this year.  This is our house.  This is our tournament.  We all know what we need to do.  It is time to remind these kids that WE are the kings of this arena.”

            “PENTAS!”