Chapter 33

"Welcome all to the annual 42nd Pentabowa tournament! My name is John Dense and your announcer for this event. Joining me today is Kelly Ratchet, a teacher from Raí Academy and a long-time fan of the sport. Kelly?"

"Thank you John, it is an honor to be here. This year's tournament is going to be a little different than the others."

"That's right folks, we have some special contenders this year. Not only are they the youngest contenders, 1st year students at Raí Academy, but they are also the Godkids of Destruction, Manipulation, and Energy. That's right, we are talking about those legendary kids we've all heard stories about growing up in Trabachi."

"They may not be completely battle-ready like the other competitors, but that doesn't mean that they won't put up a fight." Kelly added.

"Now Kelly, looking at the lineup of teams, who do you think will wind up on top?"

"It is anyone's game John. However, I do know one thing. Everyone has one team in mind that they are going to make sure they attack the hardest, and that is team Rallyicho, the Godkids' team."

"That's right it is all eyes on team Rallyicho. They are the ones to beat, and the ones most likely to pull off something amazing. But these guys are in for one nasty fight. Their first opponents are Team Goldstar, a group of 4th years that have made it to the semifinals for the past five years."

"Now just as a reminder to all you folks who are new to the wonderful sport of Pentabowa, the goal is to retrieve the flags and place them in your opponent's goal. If you score, you will be teleported to the revive areas located in each of the corners of the arena. If someone dies, they will revive in the revive areas after a few moments."

"That is right. Each match is timed and the team with the highest points moves on in the tournament. Good luck to all of the teams out there!"

Daniel grinned to everyone as they huddled up before their first match.

"It seems that we have caused quite a commotion with three Godkids on our team," he said with a smile.

"They won't show any mercy on us." Luke told him.

Daniel shook his head. "No Luke, they won't show mercy on you."

"Your plan won't work for very long." Toby said laughing to himself. "You will have to be careful out there."

Daniel put his hand on Luke's shoulder.

"Let's give them hell,"

Luke's eyes turned red with excitement.

Everyone stepped out onto the arena. The crowd roared at the sight of Luke, Maya, and Cerce. Maya pointed out into the crowd at Rio, who was in the front row, sitting next to Toby. There were pillars everywhere, which meant plenty of places to hide. Daniel remained as the guardian, playing defense, Riley as midfielder, and the three Godkids stood in front.

Just before the bell went off. The girls summoned their weapons. Riley had a scythe, Maya had the Godstriker, and Cerce had her bow and arrows.

Then the bell sounded, and projectiles began flying. Cerce let loose her arrows, and Luke attacked with fireballs. Maya, using her incredible speed, charged in to attack.

Cerce took to the air and Luke joined his sister in combat. Daniel continued to guard the goal and gave out orders to the team.

"Now!" a Goldstar shouted.

One of the Goldstars turned herself into a smoke cloud and surrounded Luke and Maya.

"Get them!"

One by one, the other members of Goldstar jumped into the smoke to attack.

Suddenly, there was an eruption of fire and Luke blasted them all away. The crowd gasped as Luke roared at the enemy, letting fire spew out of his mouth.

Maya swung her Godstriker at the oldest man. He managed to duck out of the way, but the force completely demolished a nearby pillar.

Suddenly, the scoreboard changed. Team Rallyicho now had one point.

Cerce picked up the broken pillar and hurled it at the Goldstars.

"Someone get her!"

The smoke girl floated up and reappeared in front of Cerce. She held a knife and slashed at her.

Then Luke appeared in front of her, jumping up from the ground with incredible speed, and with a powerful fist smashed the smoke girl into the ground, and she disappeared.

Then a lion came and bit Maya's leg. A boy made of metal came and sliced Maya until she also disappeared.

Luke tightened his fists. "Godskill: Fire Vortex"

A roaring swirl of powerful flames erupted from Luke's body and swirled around him. Team Goldstar backed up, but couldn't look away as Luke moved in closer.

3-0.

"Godskill: Multi-archer"

Arrows flew in from every direction and sliced at the enemies. Only one disappeared.

4-0.

Daniel looked at the crowd. They were muttering things to each other and pointing to the sides of the arena. He grinned. They were beginning to catch on to the plan, unlike the Goldstars.

"Kelly, what is going on here? Suddenly Team Rallyicho is ahead by four points! I didn't even know they were scoring!"

"That is just it John. What we are looking at here is a brilliant strategy by Team Rallyicho. They have managed to fool all of us with their little trick by focusing on the Godkids. All of our attention was on them, so we never noticed Riley Trabachi sneaking around and scoring points."

"I get it now. Everyone saw them as a threat, and they forgot that the other players were on the team."

Now it was 5-0. Riley appeared once again behind Daniel.

"Should I go again?"

Daniel grinned. "It is time for the second part of the plan."

Riley nodded and once again vanished to the sides of the arena.

"Fall back! They are attacking us from the sides! Back off the Godkids!" The leader called out.

Luke's eyes lit up. "Finally!"

Cerce jumped on top of a pillar and lifted Luke onto another. They both now held flags in their hands.

Riley held a flag and appeared in the center of the arena. She sent out a jet blade at one of them, but they easily dodged. However, they were not able to dodge Maya's light-speed fist, which sent one flying into his teammates. The team kept the pressure on Team Goldstar, making it so Luke and Cerce could rush in to score a point each. After this, they settled back and played defense while Maya played offense by herself.

Finally, the ending bell rang. The final score was 7-2. Their first victory was met with a big applause and celebration.