Chapter 54

Thoughts of fifty people filled Maya's mind.  Before, the only way that she could read minds was if she could directly see them with her eyes.  After a little bit of special training, Maya was beginning to be able to sense people's thoughts.  Similar to Luke's heat-sensing ability, Maya was starting to be able to identify the exact number of people that surrounded her.  She was far from perfected this trick however.

            Wanting to help Lady Maya with her training, Rio created a game that the two of them could play together.  It was like a super-powered hide-and-seek.  One person would go out and hide in the crowd, and the other had to find them without opening their eyes.

            Beneath her eyelids, Maya's eyes were a brighter yellow than ever before.  She was using as much of her power as possible to track down Rio.  Rio was clever, but Maya knew that he would be the only one who wasn't thinking about shopping or going to work.

            Despite this, Maya could not find him.  Rio was being very sneaky.  Then she picked something up.

            You are taking a long time to find me Lady Maya

            Maya was shocked.  Rio had been repeating that same thought over and over again but she hadn't realized it.  She realized that she needed more practice.

            Maya made her way over to Rio, who playfully greeted her.

            "I win!" Rio cheered.

            Maya sighed.  "You always win.  I am never able to figure out which thoughts are yours."

            "I don't have a problem finding you with my heat sensing."

            "Well my ability is harder.  I can't hear people's thoughts.  My brain is just able to translate electrical impulses into words I can understand.  I am literally "reading" your mind.  I can't tell who it is unless I see them." Maya pouted.

            "Oh I see..." Rio trailed off.  "Let's go explore some more."

            Rio jumped to his feet and ran off down the road.  Maya did her best to follow him.  Once again, Maya lost track of Rio in the crowd.  She looked at her watch.  It was getting close to the time that Daniel said to meet at.  She needed to find Rio quick so they could get to the park.

            When she finally found Rio, her jaw dropped.  A silver haired girl was kissing Rio on the lips and holding him so he couldn't escape.

            "Rio?" Maya asked curiously.

            Rio broke free and scrambled behind Maya.

            "Save me Lady Maya!  That creature is attacking me!" Rio cried.

            Maya frowned.  "That is rude!  Calling that girl a creature."

            Rio shook his head.  "That is not a human Lady Maya.  That is a foxuri."

            Silver glanced up at Maya.  She sniffed the air, then looked at Maya curiously.

            "You smell like The Godkid of Destruction."

            Maya immediately went on guard.  She took a fighting stance, ready for battle.

            Silver smiled.  "I am an ally.  Just ask Rallyicho."

            Maya looked at Rio again.  He did not seem to be as tense as she was.