Chapter 20

"Let's go! I want to see you kids run!" Mrs. Liech spat. She had been doing running drills all morning, without any rest.

"I guess Trabachi's gym class in the same as Earth's." Luke said frowning. He easily held the second place position. He had a lot of stamina since he was a boxer, and was constantly running as a part of his train sessions.

"This is all part of the lesson. You need to have stamina if you even dream about lasting in a fight. Now run faster!"

Maya had already overlapped everyone at least six times. She had already hit Mach 1 and was still going faster. Her power over energy was making her legs move much faster than ever before. It was such a rush, she just had to know how fast she could go. Maya lowered her head and ran harder.

Mrs. Liech, sensing that something bad was about to happen, quickly raised her glove to protect the courtyard.

"I grant approval over death!"

Maya hit super-sonic speeds, causing a sonic boom that knocked everyone to the ground. The force of her running around the 20 acre grassland had created a small tornado in the middle.

"There is no stopping her! Everyone get out of the way!" Mrs. Liech shouted.

Everyone scrambled to their feet and ran away.

Maya didn't stop at super-sonic. She went hyper-sonic, then even further. Maya could no longer see anything. Anything but a small ball of white light that was just out of her reach. She was chasing it. As the light grew larger and she got closer, Maya realized that it wasn't a ball, but rather a hole. But she had to run faster if she wanted to go inside of that hole. Curiosity got the better of her and she increased her speed.

To everyone else, Maya was a blur. They felt the intense winds tearing up the ground and destroying the field. She was beginning to fuse into herself, creating a sort of line.

Maya finally reached the hole at Mach 881,000, the speed of light. In a flash, everything around her was blue and moving fast.

Luke watched as his sister spun around and around. Until suddenly, a powerful blast knocked everyone down. When he stood up, Maya was gone.

"Oh shit. This is a problem." Mrs. Liech muttered.