Chapter Two

*Sydney's POV*

I open my eyelids to find blurry color spots everywhere. I rub my eyes and stare until finally my vision goes to normal. The suns rays are shining right through the dark brown curtains in Luke's living room. I lift my head up to look over the couch when I see someone in the kitchen. I breathe in the scent of fresh pancakes and sausage. I stand up and walk over to the kitchen to find luke. He sets the plates of two on the table and raises his eyebrow at me. "Well, come eat." he says to me like I'm retarded. I slowly walk towards the table and sit down next to him. The pancakes are a golden color, and smell scrumptious. After we scarf down the pancakes and sausage we decide to get dressed for the day. He runs upstairs to his room as I stay seated at the table. When he comes back down he has a shirt and pants of mine in his hands. "Where did you get this?" I ask him. He hands them to me."during summer you left them here when we went swimming, I had my mother wash them for you." he replies. I smile and grab the clothes walking to the bathroom. When I come out I see luke all ready to go. He has his hair styled in a quiff, a blink-182 shirt on with some black skinny jeans, a gray beanie, and a red plaid jacket with black vans. I on the other hand am wearing a white long flowing tank top with black leggings and black vans. My hair was combed out with my fingers and went past my shoulders. We wait outside for the bus to come and surely enough, it did.

*at school*

During math class the teacher was passing out our test and telling us the instructions. I soon as he was done talking everyone began. "Pss.hey Sydney." luke whispered behind me. I turn around to face him but all he does is stare. Finally when I turn back around he starts talking again."I heard that lover boy isn't such a lover to you right now... Want me to beat him up?" He jokes to me. I can't help but giggle. It was true though. Not about luke wanting to beat him up, but that my boyfriend Scott was being a total douche. He was mad that last night I left him there waiting for me and I didn't return. He was mad that I spent the night at a boys house. And he was mad because he thought we did things. But no matter how much I tried to tell him we didn't, he wouldn't believe me. Especially he wouldn't believe Luke.

*After the bell rings*

Luke and I are walking down the halls together until Scott walks between us pushing us away. Luke grabs a hold of Scott's arm and turns Scott to face him.

"We didn't do anything."luke tries to tell him. Scott's face get red, "get your scared up wrists off of me you worthless piece of Shit!" he screams causing everyone to look, especially me. "His arms aren't scarred Scott. What the he'll are you even talking about?" I whisper yelled to him so only us three could hear. He look at me and then at luke who was staring at me for standing up to him. "Everyone knows he's fucked up in so many ways Syd! M-" I stop him before he could finish. "Its Sydney to you." I say in a deep angry voice with a smirk. Everyone started to make noises like "oooh" or laughed. Me and luke just laughed at it but Scott didn't. Luke's arm still on Scott's made him even more mad. Scott squeezed Luke's wrist not letting go. Slowly you could see it turn purple and Scott dug his nails into Luke's wrist. Finally he let go and threw Luke's arm back. I sat there staring at Scott as he walked off. I turn my head to face luke But I could see him already going towards the bathroom hold his red wrist.

*Luke's POV*

While Sydney is staring at Scott walk off I begin to walk towards the bathroom holding my red wrist in pain. Scott was no weakling. For he was sporty, and was popular. When I get to the bathroom I look at my left wrist to see blood oozing out of nail marks he had left on me. But it's not like it made a difference on my arm. There were going to be marks there sooner or later. Like he said "I'm fucked up." I just hope he doesn't hurt Sydney, she is my best friend. And I would not let her be hurt. So deserves someone a lot better than that douche.